cant find Player_switchModel.sqf for Group Managment

CTru89

Question

As it is stated in the title I cannot find the file I need to copy into my custom folder and edit it to work with Group Managment. As it stands I am at step 3 of http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dzgm-dayz-group-management.20293/

I am using Vilayer LTD Hosting

I am in vilayercodecustom > dayz_overpoch > compile

in the compile folder i see different sqf files. they prefix with server_ for example theres a file that titled server_playerDeaths.sqf

but i do not see the file I am looking for? any help?

5 answers to this question

You need the player_switchModel.sqf from dayz_epoch\addons\dayz_code\compile, not from dayz_overpoch\compile.

I've looked in multiple locations and cannot seem to find what I need. I have opened every DayZ_epoch folder and wasnt able to find any Player_switchModel.sqf

unless....am i suppose to open the dayz_code.pbo? if so am i suppose to repack it and put it back in? Should I just make a copy and open the PBO on my desktop taking the file and making a dupe?

--EDIT--

nevermind problem solved. I made the copy and opened it up and found what I needed. I think I am just over complicating things! anyway thanks for your help

Edited by CTru89

New problem.. I am stuck on the second part of step 11... the first section of this step asks me to find and delete specific lines. I only found 1 line still there and deleted it. I was given this Infistar files from an old friend. He use to run a server and no longer does so some of the files have been edited. I assume he has already deleted these files. Where I am stuck now is the part that asks me to

Find and delete these from the FNCRestored check (_FRC):
'lbsetpicture',
'lbSetData',

'createMarkerLocal',
'setMarkerTextLocal',
'setMarkerTypeLocal',
'setMarkerColorLocal',

I do not know what or where the FNCRestored is? I have looked around but am completely lost on this one again!

Also, is step 12 obsolete? it says "Note: Infistar's filters now include this."

if not...where would I find this file?

Sorry for all the issues I am having. More than anything i am confused about where to find files...not really any issues with the coding(or more accurately copy/Paste haha)

Do yourself a favour and download Notepad++. That will be invaluable. 

Open the AH.sqf of infiSTAR with Notepad++ and go up the top of the program. You'll see "Search". Click that then click "Find". In the "Find What" window paste 'lbsetpicture', exactly as it say's in the instructions. (With the leading ' and trailing ' and the semi-colon ; intact.) Notepad++ will highlight it for you then just press delete.

Do that for :  

'lbsetpicture',
'lbSetData',
'createMarkerLocal',
'setMarkerTextLocal',
'setMarkerTypeLocal',
'setMarkerColorLocal',

After you are done editing the file, make sure you save it by clicking on the blue disc icon up the top, 3rd in from the left.

If you can only find one instance of the above, then I would say it has already been done. That brings me to the next thing. You will want an UP TO DATE copy of infiSTAR. Depending on how old your copy is, it may have already had hacks written for it. These are patched almost daily/weekly by infiSTAR and then an updated version is mailed to you if you have purchased it. Being that it really is the ONLY anti-hack for ARMA2 it's worthwhile buying. Anything that keeps the script kiddies on their toes is a good thing.

As for your infiSTAR filters, if your version is newer than when DZGM instructions were written, infiSTAR has already added the necessary gear to the Battleye filters, you don't need to. Just check the necessary filters yourself and see if they have been added.