No install / launch instructions

WEB11

OK this might seem like an obvious thing for those who've been playing Epoch Mod for a while but I haven't played the Arma 3 Mod yet and haven't played dayz epoch in a long time. I just downloaded the mod and there are no installation instructions anywhere to be found. I enabled the mod in game but it says that the client/server files don't match. My suggestion is to have a link to help new players install the mod on the downloads page and Wiki, also include a instructions.txt along with the mod so new players don't get frustrated trying to figure out how to run the game.

Client/server mis-match is when you have one version and the server has a different version, 0.3.0.1 has only been out publically for 2 days, a lot of servers still haven't updated and are still running 0.2.5.2.

Most servers should display the version number in the server name, see what files you have and join that matching version.

The Downloads page currently has links to the current version and the previous, grab what ever files you want, also there are install instructions, scroll down to the bottom of the downloads page, you'll see the following :

Manual Install Instructions:

Open your Arma 3 root directory and remove any @Epoch folders.Then simply extract the latest zip file into your Arma 3 root directory. Path to Arma 3 is generally "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\"

Good luck :)