Snap Build Pro with Admin Fast Build: Plot Poles

Kryptur

Question

Hi,

i am new to Epoch Servers, but managed to sset up a server and installed some scripts.

I installed the Admin Tools by noxsicarius and Snap Build Pro - both are working. (I installed some other Scripts, but these should not be relevant for this post)

With the Admin Tools Admin Build function there is no support by Snap Build - so I installed Admin Fast Build (Following this Post: )

I now have some problems with Plot Poles: I wanted to increase the range of them - so i set

DZE_PlotPole = [120,30];

in the init.sqf (MPMissions/MYMAP/init.sqf)

the text shown in error messages (when i try to build something without Admin Tools) changed to 120m, so i think it works.

So i placed a Plot Pole and wanted to build: "... plot pole needed within 120m..." - i stand just in front of the Plot Pole...

I don't know why the Plot Pole is not detected, I tried to figure it out by studying the player_upgrade.sqf in MPMissions/MYMAP/Scripts/player_upgrade.sqf.

There is a line with _distance = 30, i increased the 30 to 120 and also tried

_distance = DZE_PlotPole select 0 

The error message is still there. In my Database the Plot Pole is showing up in the object table.

So why are plot poles not detected?!

Another thing that would help me: All things I build out of my inventory with Admin Fast Build are NOT saved to the database. After restarting the server all my metal panels etc are gone.

I think its quite interesting, that the built items are saved, when you upgrade them via the Admin Tools Epoch menu.

When I build a half cinder wall via inventory it disappears - but when i upgrade it, it's still there after the restart.

Hope you can help me and sorry for my broken english!

3 answers to this question

Ok, maybe it's an configuration mistake?!

In my "main" Folder of the server there is the @DayZ_Epoch folder and there is the instance_xy folder with config.cfg and base.cfg and there is also the MPMission folder.

Inside of the @DayZ_Epoch I opened the dayz_code.pdo:

In the compiles/fn_SelfActions.sqf I changed the player_upgrade line to

s_player_upgrade_build = player addAction [format[localize "STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_UPGRADE",_text], "Scripts\player_upgrade.sqf",_cursorTarget, -1, false, true, "",""];

as said in the installation HowTo.

The player_upgrade.sqf is located at "main"/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/Scripts/player_upgrade.sqf. Is it correct to see the relative path from inside the DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus folder?!

I really have no idea, whats wrong with my config :(

Do i have to add it to the init.sqf?

//Load in compiled functions
//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";				//Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\variables.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";				//Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";	//Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";				//Compile regular functions
// Snap Building Pro
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";

progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";				//Compile trader configs
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "admintools\AdminList.sqf"; // Epoch admin Tools variables/UIDs

This would not make sense to me, because it's working - it just does not detect my plot poles. 

I add the init, variables and player_upgrade.sqf - maybe you find a mistake.

init.txtplayer_upgrade.txtvariables.txt

Thanks for help!

EDIT: Just realized there is a player_build.sqf ;)

I'll upload this, too. Guess the other files are quite useless?!

player_build.txt

Edited by Kryptur