Single ammo type for both mas and epoch weapons

Ace22

Question

Can anyone offer any insight on how to ensure only epoch ammo is spawning with the Mas weapons.

Basically I want a single type of 556 available on the server.

When an Epoch weapon spawns in it spawns with epoch ammo.

When a mas weapon spawns in it spawns with mas ammo.

Where/how can this be changed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 answers to this question

My LSlootlists.sqf is clean and only spawning the desired ammo. 

I believe my problem happens here >>

//Function to add the right magazine for a weapon.
_ammo = [] + getArray (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _loot >> "magazines");
_lootholder addMagazineCargoGlobal [(_ammo select 0),(round(random 2))]; //max 2 magazines per weapon

Basically It pulls the ammo from cfgweapons array. Is it possible to stop the @mas ammo from populating that array or a way to just remove the ammo from the array?

Furthermore,

Where is the code that says "this is a mas weapon so pull mas ammo" or "this is an epoch weapon so pull epoch"?

Ah sorry I meant to mention if you are using that piece to spawn magazines with the weapons you won't be able to remove them. Unless they changed it on arma 3 I don't believe you can make changes to the cfgWeapons through the mission file so you would have to distribute your own versions of the mods for players to be able to join your server which in most cases is not an option. Only way for you to eliminate them as is would be to remove that part to keep them from spawning with the weapon and keep them cleaned from your spawning script. If you wanted to do this for just a few specific weapons you can add them into their own array in the lootspawning scripts and remove that section only for that array. I actually split my lootspawner into 24 arrays instead of the default 5 to allow for much more control over how much of each item spawns, you can also use tenths and hundredths for the percentages so you know if you decide to go that route.

Excellent info.

I assume I can put it in a pbo in the epochhive and call it with _ammo = [] + getArray (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> _loot >> "magazines");

replacing configFile with the new pbo name?

Now I gotta write my first array..........Thanks for your help!!