noob at server admin

mill4590

Question

good afternoon

ok will say this now been playing arma 2 dayz for a few years now and i thought y not give running a server a go but i did not intend it being such a complicated job.

when it comes down to mods and scripts its all completly new to me and before the angry people out there start saying there is millions of tutorials out there yes this is true but it is also one of the reasons i am writing this

i started by renting a gamming deluxe server but soon realising with it being a lenux server certain addons i wish to use cannot be added and i quote from a responce from customer services "Dev's did not consider this and did not full comit to the addon and we will not give any asistance in fixing this"  after this i was recomended to rent a vilayer server and after reading up and watching utube vids i decided to go for it to then be disappointed due to everything being out of date and all the features that made me want to join them removed.

is there any noob friendly server provders out there

or is there someone that will add addons to either of my server at price

please pm with what you charge

thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

good afternoon

ok will say this now been playing arma 2 dayz for a few years now and i thought y not give running a server a go but i did not intend it being such a complicated job.

when it comes down to mods and scripts its all completly new to me and before the angry people out there start saying there is millions of tutorials out there yes this is true but it is also one of the reasons i am writing this

i started by renting a gamming deluxe server but soon realising with it being a lenux server certain addons i wish to use cannot be added and i quote from a responce from customer services "Dev's did not consider this and did not full comit to the addon and we will not give any asistance in fixing this"  after this i was recomended to rent a vilayer server and after reading up and watching utube vids i decided to go for it to then be disappointed due to everything being out of date and all the features that made me want to join them removed.

is there any noob friendly server provders out there

or is there someone that will add addons to either of my server at price

please pm with what you charge

thanks in advance

GTXgaming

Why not run a home server for practise ? there's a guide on how to do it somewhere, the Epoch community does not need anymore poorly ran servers :)

Practise at home, then when you're confident you can run and manage a public server go open one.

Let me just start off by saying don't rent from gtx gaming. I would definitely recommend that you go and check out vert hosting. They have really good support and server nodes. Also, adding scripts may seem overwhelming and complicated at first but it really isn't. Just read this entire archive that server owners and scripters a like have built up. If you have a question don't hesitate at all to ask, somebody will help you. Good luck to you man

GTXgaming

ROFL ... i had a server with those guys for exactly 2 weeks, all that time spend trying to get a hold of customer service becourse the server had errors on boot, just for them to tell me that aparently i was the one that created all the problem for them (most likely by complainting about their faulty bootsequenze).

when i said i wanted my money back cause they did not hold up their end of the deal (and i basicly had not been able to use the server at all) they shut down my server with no notice and never paid me anything, so watch out for those guys.

vilayer atleast has usable servers ... atleast you get what you pay for.

Well, no problems here with GTXgaming.

Tickets awnsered in 5 minutes for the past 2 months.

Server is never down and you have more options in the control panel then verthosting (i was there and switched to GTXgaming).

Actualy no complaining to verthosting.

Servers are always running like GTXgaming.

The only problem = if i had a problem and made a ticket i get a reply 48 hours later.

So yah both are ok, only i dont like the slow reply on verthosting.

Good luck man!