Osprey weapons?

moonboy

Question

I have a home server I run for myself and a few friends, and I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to add this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15695to a DayZ Overpoch server? I already have the animated folding wings mod installed, and the next logical step seemed to be weapons...the remote guardian system in particular. If anyone can help with this I would very much appreciate it:)

my server:

Oregon Overpochalypse --- It's not up all the time, because it's in my bedroom, and it's very loud :/

98.246.1.146:2302

Server box:

Intel core2 quad extreme qx6850

8GB 1066Mhz Ram

Intel 120GB SSD / WD 1TB

2x Nvidia GTX550ti in SLI

30/10Mbit Internets

13 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply:) I already have the mods that animate the suv gun, the osprey wings/rear door, the uh-1y, and the super cobra... I kinda Just want to add another variant of the Osprey for sale at my hero trader that has the weapons...or if that isn't possible, replace the current osprey... from what I understand, all I need to do is drop the mod folders in my server root with the other @folders, then add the -mod=@newmod to launch parameters, and finally, add it to the traders, correct?

I found this  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27875 while doing further research, and it seems like it would be fairly straightforward to add it like the pook variants... I could be mistaken, but I think it's even the same mod author.

if there are 2 different class names for the mv-22 then you could use the gun portion of the script i posted and add the guns portion to just one of the class names, add that to the traders and have the other be the natural spawn.  eliminates the need for a custom client.  ;)  if you want/need any help  let me know.

if there are 2 different class names for the mv-22 then you could use the gun portion of the script i posted and add the guns portion to just one of the class names, add that to the traders and have the other be the natural spawn.  eliminates the need for a custom client.   ;)  if you want/need any help  let me know.

thanks for answering again, and putting up with noob questions:) so I tried my method....and it *almost* works :/ I looked through your code, and it looked like it was gonna do alot of the stuff I already have installed in slightly different ways, so I didn't mess with any of it, although I appreciate your effort :) anyways, after I installed everything how I thought it should be, I had the menu option in my trader to buy it, but nothing spawned. ( i got a key) I think its actually there, just invisible like other banned vehicles... and i cant remember how I fixed that previously :/ (i unbanned a few tanks, and attack helis) but I dont think that would work anyways, because the vehicles wouldn't be in the banedvehicles.hpp or whatever it was named to begin with...ugh :/ I also poked around in my mission.sqm (sqf?) and added "pook_mv22" to the allowed addons list... now I either get the "you are missing downloadable content"pook_mv22"" message, or if i add -mod=@POOK to the command line i get a "you cannot join this server without excepted keys blah blah"...im at a loss at this point...also i just fired up the plain old arma editor and spawned in one of the armed mv22's just fine, flew it around a bit, no problems....so it's installed correctly client side....just can't figure out what I did wrong server side :/

ok so you added the @POOK folder to your server files  should be just below your @Overwatch folder  should look like this:   

Screenshot%202015-03-14%2007.49.21.png

You should have added POOK.bikey to your keys folder and  added the @POOK to your startup. similar to this :

start "arma2" /min "arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2402 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@POOK;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

Now that should be all the server side work needed to add the mod.  

You and anyone else wanting to join  need to put the @POOK folder into your personal client (not server  not the mission) and call the POOK, Overwatch and Epoch to join and play the server.

You may have to add it to the mission.sqm add ons section like you did, but i would double check the install and see if you missed anything.  IF you do need to you will get the pop up mission needs downloadbele content blah blah  just click continue and you will be able to join anyway. If that happens add what it states to the addon section.   

It should work after that.  Hope this helps.  I think you dont have the @POOK folder in your client  thats why you couldnt see the heli.   If a player doesnt have the content client side they wont be able to see any add ons. 

I had everything set up pretty much exactly as you described... I tried to move the key file around because i wasn't sure where it went. (\keys or \expansion\keys)...neither worked. i got one to spawn in the in game editor on my client,no problems. but after I added it server side, the trader takes your money, gives you a key, and spawns an invisible vehicle.( it's in the DB) ...this is pretty much the same problem I had when trying to unban the tanks and attack helis, but im not sure how to unban something that isn't on the banned vehicle list to begin with...

do you run an AH or admin tools?  can you spawn it through that?  if so maybe try adding it to the allowed vehicles in the AH?

Did you add the @POOK folder to your client files?  ie:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

just trying to think as well.

I run this admin tool: https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools(its pretty awesome btw) I have battleye enabled(to keep ppl on the global ban list off my server), but don't have BEC, or Rcon or anything like that... I didn't spawn it through the admin tool(not on the list), I spawned in some gold and bought it from the trader. Yeah I have @POOK on my client, as thats how i was able to play around with it...I alt+E at the title screen and made a quick little mission...It worked great in there....I have a feeling its something ridiculously simple that I/we are just overlooking. 

nope. :( I only really get to mess with it on weekends... I think the next thing to try is adding it to the cfgbannedvehicles file and then commenting it out like other banned vehicles. maybe it will actually spawn then... If anyone else has any ideas, go ahead and share please :)

OK... tried adding the vehicle class names to @dayzoverwatch\addons\dayz_anim\CfgVehicles.hpp ... I thought that would make it work, but now i just get an error on the client about unsigned keys... (tried to put a screenshot here, but I'm not allowed to for some wacky reason) ...so direct link:      http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo186/moonboy42/error2_zpswtzqwexv.jpg

I put the key files in the server root\Keys folder, and also tried putting them in root\expansion\keys ... no dice either way.

I'm not sure what else to try... If someone else would like to try to figure it out, here is the mod I'm trying to add    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27875    

i'm running epoch 1.0.5.1 and overwatch 0.2.5