[HELP] Zombie Modifications

htzmartyr

Question

Okay so, basically, I need help with a few things.

1) I would like to increase the number of zombies that spawn per player to be increased drastically, like I'm talking about going from 30 max to 500 max.

2) Setting zombies to spawn and immediately aggro, regardless of distance, without the need to see or hear the player.

3) Getting the zombies to sprint while approaching player, and while player is visibile/within 100 or so meters, walk. (If not possible, walking all the time works)

Any help is greatly appreciated

10 answers to this question

Ok,... zombies are agents which means they are 'dumb' AI with not preset behaviours.

They are controlled by a FSM script (finate state machine) called zombie_agent.fsm which is in the dayz_code\system folder.  In order to read the script you need to us the BI Tools personal edition FSM tool.  FMS is structured like a flow chart with conditions allowing the 'thought process' to flow to a new action.  Search google for Arma FSM to find articles on it.  It is not that hard when you get your head around the concept.  The only challenge then is any Arma Engine 'features' you may encounter.

You will need to edit the FSM to cover items 2 & 3.

For item 1 I believe there is a variable you can set in the init.sqf to change the number of zombies spawned.

I would play around with;

• dayz_maxMaxModels
  • dayz_maxLocalZombies
  • dayz_maxGlobalZombiesInit
  • dayz_maxGlobalZombiesIncrease
  • dayz_maxZeds

All have their initial values set in variables.sqf.

I've used the FSM editor to go through the zombie_agent.fsm, found the range and upped it to 1000 in the find target box as it brought me to an sqf, however I couldn't find anything to do with changing what makes them aggro.

In regards to number 1, I've tried to up the numbers and it's worked to some extent, nothing like I need it to though, might be a limitation though so scratch 1.

I would suggest first you map out the states that you want to cause the aggro and then you will need to write a script to monitor those states on the player and spawn it on player load.

For opening a bag you can check for the inventory dialog (check the forums for the number to check for as I have not played with dialogues).  FOr running you can check the plauer_gui.sqf to see what states are checked for in order to make the sound gui element change.

After doing some more digging, I've narrowed it down a bit. Now I'm stuck with something I can't figure out how to do, loops.

//Let Zeds know
[player,1200,true,(getPosATL player)] spawn player_alertZombies;

Is a small snippit, I would like to loop it so said line runs, say for example, once every 15 seconds infinitely.

while { true } do { 
waitUntil {_gearO = findDisplay 106;!isNull _gearO;};
[player,1200,true,(getPosATL player)] spawn player_alertZombies;
};

If you are doing it for when a player opens gear this will wait until the person opens the gear and then spawn zombies

Well, ideally I'd like it so that when a player joins the server, zombies are alerted and aggro to them automatically without the need to move or anything at all. Basically, if I were to join and stay completely still, zombies would aggro to me from the range I have set. Sadly, I don't know which .sqf manages player spawning in so I'm not sure where to go