Server online but map not loading.

Mattski

Question

Hello!

I've been playing around with getting Epoch running under WINE and so far, so good. Server's online at ccrg.co.uk:2302, I can join it and get to the lobby but on doing so it kinda grinds to a halt. Console shows I'm joining correctly and being validated by BattlEye; it just sits there without letting me get into the map proper or even choosing a player slot.

Extra info:

- All ports are open and OK in the firewall:

1    ACCEPT     udp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           udp dpt:2305
2    ACCEPT     udp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           udp dpt:2304
3    ACCEPT     udp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           udp dpt:2303
4    ACCEPT     udp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           udp dpt:2302

- BEC is running and configured, scheduled tasks are working as expected and showing in the console

- BEC GUID whitelisting is disabled

- I've added myself to the superadmin group

- Redis DB backend is online and listening, hosted on the server itself, but no connection has been established as of yet, not sure if this happens on server startup anyway or until someone sells to a vendor:

[root@ccrg MPMissions]# netstat -pant | grep 6379
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:6379              0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN      21648/redis-server

If anyone can think of anything I might've missed I'd really appreciate any pointers. Hell, better yet - if you can try to join the server and see if it blows up or works for you that'd narrow it down more. Thanks in advance!

2 answers to this question

The server's redis config is set and EpochServer.ini settings match:

[arma3win@ccrg @epochhive]$ redis-cli -a XXXXXX
redis 127.0.0.1:6379> ping
PONG

EDIT: looking at it a little more, it's almost as if the map isn't being loaded at all. Huh.

EDIT2: it's down to filesystem funkiness. Got the map loading, now the server blows up. I'll keep working through it and post anything of note I find. Thanks!

EDIT3: the server comes up, reads the Epoch mission data then blows up. Might be a problem with WINE at this point. But at least the original issue is fixed!