Making a different mod

ElDubya

Question

Hi all, 

I am wanting to create my own mod pack, like @crazydayz or something and in it I want to have the sigma vehicle pack, the harley davidson vehicle and a few others.

Is it just as simple as downloading the @packs from armaholic, putting them into a folder called @crazydayz\addons, getting clients to download my pack, putting mods=@crazydayz;@overwatch;@dayz_epoch into their launch parameters and away we go? Or am I totally off the beaten track here?

I have searched around and haven't really found any info on creating mods or mod packs that is sort of the information I need.

2 answers to this question

Should be just like downloading @DZAI, dropping it in the right directory(s) and then getting clients to do the same (not for DZAI as it is server side only but you get the picture). 

Would be prudent to get the mod makers permission before offering your pack for download (distribution of their code) though.

Ultimately though, I believe it would depend on how the mod was written.

There is someone on the BIS forums who is currently offering a server pack with lots of integrated mods.  After hinting to them, they got permission to add A Plot for Life in there.  may be worth you taking a look at that pack as a starting point.  Sorry but I do not recall what it was called but a google or a search on the BIS site should give some hints.