[Release] Anti-Wall-Crawl

player2

Anti-Wall-Crawl

Description:

Prevents players from using the custom prone animations added by the smk_anims_lite package included with overwatch to move straight through both base and map objects.

It prevents this by fully preventing players from using the movement part of this package at all, and it further prevents players from using the animation at all if near a player built or map object to prevent players from using it to kill people through walls. I wrote this because on the whole I like the animation package and wanted to keep it on my server rather than remove it to prevent exploits.

Requirements:

Kronzky's String Library

Installation Instructions:

Download this, save it as: <YourMissionFile> \ compile \ p2_antiWallCrawl.sqf

Open your publicEH.sqf file...

Find This:

//Client only
if (!isDedicated) then {

Add These on new Lines Below:

p2_antiWallCrawl = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compile\p2_antiWallCrawl.sqf";
player addEventHandler ["AnimChanged", { (_this) spawn p2_antiWallCrawl; }];

Open your player_monitor.fsm file...
Find This:
 "dayz_medicalH =  [] execVM ""\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\init_medical.sqf""; //Medical Monitor Script (client only)" \n
Add This on a new Line Below: 
"player addEventHandler [""AnimChanged"", { (_this) spawn p2_antiWallCrawl; }];" \n

Open your player_humanityMorph.sqf file...

Find This:
call dayz_resetSelfActions;
Add This on a new Line Below: 
player addEventHandler ["AnimChanged", { (_this) spawn p2_antiWallCrawl; }];

If you have not already extracted any of these files, you will need to learn how to pull them out of the dayz_code.pbo for dayz epoch, over-write the \z\addons location calls for them, etc, I do not have time to give support on how to do that in this thread, so you will have to rely on the search feature.

For some ridiculous reason I'm not allowed to upload .sqf so I've provided a .txt based mirror via the forums here instead of an .sqf mirror like intended...You'll have to rename it to from .txt .sqf if you download it via this thread attachment.

p2_antiWallCrawl.txt

Hello,

For some ridiculous reason I'm not allowed to upload .sqf so I've provided a .txt based mirror via the forums here instead of an .sqf mirror like intended...You'll have to rename it to from .txt .sqf if you download it via this thread attachment.

Maybe it a good idea packing the sqf file in a zip file and then uploading it :)

Thanks for the script tough !

Kind Regards,

Dutchy

Hello,

Maybe it a good idea packing the sqf file in a zip file and then uploading it :)

Thanks for the script tough !

Kind Regards,

Dutchy

I find it a bit stupid that on a forum full of coders they can't allow us to upload the file format the code is written in? Anyways, this is already off-topic. Thanks for the thanks!

Edit the first post, go to [more reply options] and then you should be able to edit the title :) .

Thanks! The button was actually 'Use full editor' in this scenario but you helped me find it nonetheless!