DayZ Epoch 1.0.5.1 - Logo not loading then kicks back to menu

_Crash_

Question

Hi,

I've watched three videos showing the exact same procedure for copying and pasting the Arma 2 / Arma 2 OA files into one folder, and then the DayZ server files last. Once this is done, I've set the connection info for my MySQL server (which connects) and then gone ahead and launched the Chernarus bat file. The server loads fine, no errors. Upon loading up the game when joining the server, I get to the lobby in which it automatically starts downloading the mission file, however this mission file is 52kb in size - which I know for a fact from previous released is incorrect. Then it begins to load with no logo - in which I have to wait for quite a while until it shows me an error about the logo not being found, and then kicks me back to the menu. The fact that no matter which order or how many times I attempt to create this private server, I always end up with this same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

_Crash_.

21 answers to this question

Sorry, but if you are watching videos on how to set up an Epoch server, how do you "know for a fact" the mission size is incorrect? Does the game load and you are able to play with no errors? If so, guess what? The file size is CORRECT :)

I'm watching videos because after coming back to DayZ after X months, I've completely forgot how to setup a server. 

As for the mission file size, I remember it wasn't 52KB in size, it was more than 1MB - also, there was, and is supposed to be a logo when loading into the game. 

To answer your last question, no, I can't enter the game due to this problem.

You should see the standard Dayz Epoch logo when loading the game. Not sure where you went wrong in your setup. 

Watch this video, it explains setting up a server in great detail and really helped me when I first set one up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6xrSn4jp6M

Thanks! Just came across one of your posts which linked to the same video - watching it now.

Hmm. Still got the same issue. I'm really confused at this point. The only thing different is that since I cannot download DayZ & DayZ Epoch with DayZ Commander, I've had to use DayZ Launcher. I've set the mod path to the Arma 2 OA folder. The file however is called "@DayZ_Epoch1051" so I simply removed the 1051 and proceeded. However, even when I do this, I still have no DayZ logo.

This picture shows what it's like when loading into the server after downloading the 52KB file;

2015-01-17_00004.jpg

After this screen, I get this;

2015-01-17_00005.jpg

Well, I've discovered something interesting. I decided to create a 1.0.4.2 Epoch server (instead of 1.0.5.1) following the video you linked me to earlier for copying the correct files - it worked better than the 1.0.5.1, however I run into a different error there. So it seems that something in 1.0.5.1 is broken.

Nothing is broken mate, otherwise no one would have 1.0.5.1 (2) servers up, would they? :)

Start again, from square one.

Epoch server files

Epoch 1051 files

Copy Arma 2

Copy Arma 2 OA

Do the necessary edits.

I got the files you listed other than "Epoch 1051 files". Are you referring to the client files?

Yes, client files.

Your command line needs to be @Dayz_Epoch:@DayZ_Epoch_Server so you will definitely need the client files.

Honestly mate, if you followed that video I linked you too, TO THE LETTER, your server would be up and running by now. You are obviosuly missing out a step somewhere.  

I started again completely. I removed Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA from steam, then went and deleted the folders from Steam Apps, and downloaded again. I followed the list you gave me before, in order, copying the files into a folder I made. Just playing the waiting game now. I'll report back when I'm done.

Also, I followed that video bit by bit several times, although I really do think my Arma 2 / Arma 2 OA folders where just generally messed up.

It's just dawned on me. I bet you are only using one or the other in trying to set up your server and not BOTH. 

You need : 

Latest DayZ Epoch client files (1.0.5.1)

Latest DayZ Epoch Server files

Copy your Arma 2

Copy your Arma 2 OA

Then do the necessary file edits. 

It's just dawned on me. I bet you are only using one or the other in trying to set up your server and not BOTH. 

You need : 

Latest DayZ Epoch client files (1.0.5.1)

Latest DayZ Epoch Server files

Copy your Arma 2

Copy your Arma 2 OA

Then do the necessary file edits. 

Ok, so it's now working fine. However, I have an issue in which my screen stays on the DayZ Logo, and I can hear self moving by pressing WASD, but the screen remains there. Any ideas?

Do you have anything else installed, or just a vanilla dayz epoch server? It's strange to get that error on a new, clean install.

Open dayz_code.pbo with PBO Manager, copy compiles.sqf. Repack your dayz_code.pbo.

Make a folder in your main mpmissions folder called fixes and paste compiles.sqf inside.

Open compiles.sqf with Notepad++.

Find : 

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };

Change it to : 

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { endLoadingScreen; diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };

Save and close compiles.sqf

Open your init.sqf in your main mpmissions folder and find : 

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";

Change that to read : 

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\compiles.sqf";

Save and close.

Any changes you make for any scripts you install from then on that require edits to compiles.sqf are now made in THAT file, not the dayz_code one.