How to totally wipe database (almost)

Bob_the_K

Question

Hi, we've rebuilt our server and made numerous changes.  Upon re-release, we want to wipe out all player made/placed objects, all vehicles, and all player data.  Everyone will be a new spawn with our standard loadout.  Everyone's starting over with all the new changes.

How would I do that without disrupting any trader data?  And can it be made into a stored procedure we can run on-demand if we ever want/need to do that again?

Thanks,
Bob

4 answers to this question

You can easily do this using HeidiSQL or a program similiar like that, or am I wrong?

Just use HeidiSQL to connect to your database, and export everything to SQL ( in case you want to go back... )

And then just right click on a table, and delete it's content...

That should do it, or am I wrong?

Yes as simple as right clicking character_data, object_data, player_data, and player_login and click empty table for each will wipe all player data, player made/placed objects and vehicles. Traders will not be affected.

As for making a stored procedure to do it for you, there is really no point as it can be done in 10 seconds by hand.

Just as Raoul had said make a backup of the database before the wipe just incase something happens. Better safe then sorry but you should be fine.