Having issues with 'Snap pro builder'

NovusB

Question

I recently tried to install Raymix's 'Snap pro' builder. I followed the tutorial to the T. After I installed the script, I was able to see his dialog pop up but when I go to place items with the space bar the items disappear.

I get this log in my RPT file, it says it has something to do with my server_functions.sqf

22:57:35 Error in expression < -10 };
_key = _key + str(round(_x));
} count _position;
_key = _key + str(round>
22:57:35 Error position: <count _position;
_key = _key + str(round>
22:57:35 Error Generic error in expression
22:57:35 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 600
} count _position;
_key = _key + str(round>
_key = _key + str(round>

This is the piece of code from server_functions.sqf that is causing issues.

dayz_objectUID2 = {
	private["_position","_dir","_key"];
	_dir = _this select 0;
	_key = "";
	_position = _this select 1;
	{
		_x = _x * 10;
		if ( _x < 0 ) then { _x = _x * -10 };
	} count _position;
	_key = _key + str(round(_dir));
	_key
};

dayz_objectUID3 = {
	_dir = _this select 0;
	_key = "";
	{
		_x = _x * 10;
	} count _position;
	_key = _key + str(round(_dir + time));
	_key
};

I would really love to add this script to my server, but I can't figure out what's causing the issue...any input is very much appreciated.

13 answers to this question

I recently tried to install Raymix's 'Snap pro' builder. I followed the tutorial to the T. After I installed the script, I was able to see his dialog pop up but when I go to place items with the space bar the items disappear.

I get this log in my RPT file, it says it has something to do with my server_functions.sqf

} count _position;

_key = _key + str(round>

_key = _key + str(round>

} count _position;

_key = _key + str(round>

_key = _key + str(round>

This is the piece of code from server_functions.sqf that is causing issues.

dayz_objectUID2 = {
	_dir = _this select 0;
	_key = "";
	{
		_x = _x * 10;
	} count _position;
	_key
};

dayz_objectUID3 = {
	_dir = _this select 0;
	_key = "";
	{
		_x = _x * 10;
	} count _position;
	_key = _key + str(round(_dir + time));
	_key
};

I would really love to add this script to my server, but I can't figure out what's causing the issue...any input is very much appreciated.

This is the same section of my server_functions.sqf. I have Snap Pro, Plot For Life and Vectors installed.

dayz_objectUID2 = {
    private["_position","_dir","_key","_element","_vector","_set","_vecCnt","_usedVec"];
    _dir = _this select 0;
    _key = "";

if((count _this) == 2) then{
        {
            _x = _x * 10;
        } count _position;
    }else{
        _vector = [];
        _usedVec = false;
        {
            _element = _x;
            if(typeName _element == "ARRAY") then{
                _vector = _element;
                if((count _vector) == 2)then{
                    if(((count (_vector select 0)) == 3) && ((count (_vector select 1)) == 3))then{
                            {
                                _x = _x * 10;
                            } count _position;

_vecCnt = 0;
                            {
                                _set = _x;
                                {
                                    _vecCnt = _vecCnt + (round (_x * 100));

} foreach _set;

} foreach _vector;
                            if(_vecCnt < 0)then{
                                _vecCnt = ((_vecCnt * -1) * 3);
                            };
                            _key = _key + str(_vecCnt);
                            _usedVec = true;
                    };
                };
            };
        } count _this;

if!(_usedVec) then{
                {
                    _x = _x * 10;
                } count _position;
        };

};
    _key
};

Well, "vanilla" SBP 1.4 does not change anything server side, it's quite simple mission file script that replaces single function trough compiles and adds few more, that's all there is to it. This error shown is caused by either other script or modded SBP, not sure to be honest. P4L comes with SBP integrated, but it's renamed to modular building... same thing, slightly different execute code.

Well, "vanilla" SBP 1.4 does not change anything server side, it's quite simple mission file script that replaces single function trough compiles and adds few more, that's all there is to it. This error shown is caused by either other script or modded SBP, not sure to be honest. P4L comes with SBP integrated, but it's renamed to modular building... same thing, slightly different execute code.

This is an Overpoch(epoch 1.5.1 & overwatch 0.2.5) server. I think I've managed to get Snap pro working after adding P4l, Vectors, & Snap pro installed. I didn't see anything on your post about vectoring being a requirement, but Snap Pro doesn't work without it. Now I'm having an issue with my server hiveext now syncing and my server stops.. :|

You don't HAVE to install Vectors, but why wouldn't you? It's awesome! Same with Precise Base Build by Mikeeey. I don't know how anyone ever built a base without these four things, P4L, Snap Pro, Vectors and Precise.

I actually think you DO have to have vectors installed, I have just installed Snap Pro on a fresh Overpoch(epoch 1.0.5.1 & overwatch 0.2.5) server, and was getting the same issues. Only fix I have found is by installing Vectors, which makes it a requirement to have vectors for Snap pro atleast on Overpoch.

Is there any way you could look into making vectors a requirement for Snap pro?

No, you don't need any other scripts to run SBP, in fact vectors won't work without it. What I think you have is compatibility issues between your scripts. There is no requirement, don't be silly :)

As I mentioned, latest versions of P4L comes with SBP integrated and so does vectors....but both uses slightly different versions, which also means you can only have one (there's also issues with taking over database field, since both P4L and vectors wants to use same field).

Original unmodified SBP should work no matter what and will only break if modifications are installed.

Is there any way you could look into making vectors a requirement for Snap pro?

It's the other way around - Snap pro is a requirement for Vectors to work

I've noticed your second topic with irrelevant error, too. You should probably install one script at a time and test it out before moving ahead, if you are new to this. TBH, you are installing very incompatible scripts (on their own), that only works together by merging files properly (sometimes modded files are provided by script authors, but as soon as one of scripts gets an update, rest of them breaks).

I understand it's frustrating to do such testing one script at a time, but it helps in a long run, especially when chasing bugs... since as mentioned earlier, despite title of this topic, all these issues has nothing to do with Snap pro :)

I've noticed your second topic with irrelevant error, too. You should probably install one script at a time and test it out before moving ahead, if you are new to this. TBH, you are installing very incompatible scripts (on their own), that only works together by merging files properly (sometimes modded files are provided by script authors, but as soon as one of scripts gets an update, rest of them breaks).

I understand it's frustrating to do such testing one script at a time, but it helps in a long run, especially when chasing bugs... since as mentioned earlier, despite title of this topic, all these issues has nothing to do with Snap pro :)

I used to run an Epoch server 1.0.4.1 was the version back then, and my old host used to be dayz.st(where I didn't have access to all of the hive files, etc) I'm trying to get back into running a server, but without any other scripters or anyone helping me it gets a bit difficult lol. I understand where the files go and everything else. But I haven't figured out a way to debug if scripts aren't relaying error messages to my RPT or anything else...like right now one of the issues I'm having is my loot isn't spawning, I've included all of the Cfg files into my mission file, added the #include into my description.ext, yet no loot is spawning anywhere and I'm getting no errors in any of my logs...so it's kind of hard to tell what's going on with what. :S I really appreciate you taking the time out to comment and give your advice. It means a ton mate, one day I hope to be able to contribute to you, macas, rips, souls, and any other big programmer in the DayZ mod scene right now.