Server not showing up

flashpoint

Hey guys,

my server does not seem to show up on any listings such as DayZ Commander, or Dayz Launcher.

I don't know why, also gametracker and other slimier services don't seem to register the players that are on.

I have the following ports open:

2300 [uDP/TCP]

2301 [uDP/TCP]

2302 [uDP/TCP]

2303 [uDP/TCP]

2304 [uDP/TCP]

2305 [uDP/TCP]

This is my server.cfg:

hostName = "Walking the Dead | Trading | AI Missions | Custom Mapping | Car Radio | InstantGaming.net | DayZ Epoch Chernarus Server (1.0.5/103718)";
password = "";
passwordAdmin = "secret boys :p";
maxPlayers = 50;
logFile = "server_log.txt";
voteThreshold = 2;
voteMissionPlayers = 3;
reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";
steamport = 2300;
steamqueryport = 2301;
timeStampFormat = "short";
motd[] = {"Welcome to Walking the Dead DayZ Epoch Server","This is an official Instant Gaming Server.","You can visit our website www.instantgaming.net","Have fun!"};
motdInterval = 0;
vonCodecQuality = 11;
disableVoN = 0;
kickduplicate = 1;
verifySignatures = 2;
persistent = 1;
BattlEye = 1;
doubleIdDetected = "";
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData = 	"kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData = "";
regularCheck = "";
requiredBuild = 103718;
requiredSecureId = 2;

class Missions
{
    class Mission1
    {
    	template = "DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus";
    	difficulty="veteran";
    };

};

You are still running (1.0.5/103718) ?

If so that is the reason your server is not showing. I recommend updating to latest OA and making the following changes:

remove whole line:
reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com"; //this option is deprecated since A2: OA version 1.63

Change:
requiredBuild = 103718; //old
to:
requiredBuild = 125548; //latest

and update your server hostName to the correct versions, afaik the version numbers (of at-least the mod) need to fit in the server name space when it comes to Commander or Launcher, so don't make the hostname too long (so the numbers get cut off the end)

0983e77e58cc263b5dc4bc2dcea95a69.pngGrayed out as there is no mod version ^.

d036551f33a5a6cf916d30d6cd6dcd38.pngDisplayed properly as it says 1.0.5.1. ^ I think the /125548 is not required though.

You are still running (1.0.5/103718) ?

If so that is the reason your server is not showing. I recommend updating to latest OA and making the following changes:

remove whole line:
reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com"; //this option is deprecated since A2: OA version 1.63

Change:
requiredBuild = 103718; //old
to:
requiredBuild = 125548; //latest

and update your server hostName to the correct versions, afaik the version numbers (of at-least the mod) need to fit in the server name space when it comes to Commander or Launcher, so don't make the hostname too long (so the numbers get cut off the end)

0983e77e58cc263b5dc4bc2dcea95a69.pngGrayed out as there is no mod version ^.

d036551f33a5a6cf916d30d6cd6dcd38.pngDisplayed properly as it says 1.0.5.1. ^ I think the /125548 is not required though.

Thanks, just did that, Guess I have to wait couple of hours for things to show up I guess.

I also get this in RPT if that means anything:

18:14:50 Warning Message: No challenge value was received from the master server.
18:14:50 GameSpy QR2 error: 5, No challenge value was received from the master server.

18:14:50 Warning Message: No challenge value was received from the master server.
18:14:50 GameSpy QR2 error: 5, No challenge value was received from the master server.

I haven't seen these messages before but it wouldn't surprise me if they were causing a (or the) problem for you.

You really should not be seeing any GameSpy related messages with OA 1.63, were you running the latest Steam Version of the game when you got this?

I haven't seen these messages before but it wouldn't surprise me if they were causing a (or the) problem for you.

You really should not be seeing any GameSpy related messages with OA 1.63, were you running the latest Steam Version of the game when you got this?

Yeah I downloaded ArmA 2, and ArmA 2 OA through steam 3 days ago.

edit: fixed those two errors by using the non-beta server.exe

but server is still not querying player numbers, and its not showing up on dayz launcher, or dayz commander.

edit: oh shit its finally streaming players now, I think it might show up on the listing now too? In couple of hours ill update my post.

edit: Yeah its showing up :D