Save Gear not working?

Noldy

Yes you need to make sure your Database info within
 EpochServer.ini is set to the right IP, Port , password and MOST important InstanceID

Example

[EpochServer]

BattleEyePath = C:\Server\BattlEye
InstanceID = US420

[Redist]

IP = 127.0.0.1

Port = 6379 

DB= 0

Password = yourpassword set in DB folder

Also make sure you setup DB info in  your Root directory DB folder.

Open that folder edit the redis.conf

requirepass is where "Password" from above is.  So make sure they are the same.

As an aside, I have noticed many 'rollbacks' when running the server on a VM.

It seems that if the VM gets rebooted, the state of the server is lost, rolling back to the last time the VM came up.

For some reason REDIS's data saves are not being passed from the VM to the underlying OS.

If I shutdown REDIS, then reboot the VM, all works 4.0.

Anyway, I am not sure if this is an issue with my VM software or a REDIS issue.

Your using a VM for a server?  That is highly not recommend on all dedicated server setups and posting.   But beyond that. Lets try to fix this.  So Why is your VM randomly rebooting?  I currently have a dedicated server and no 0 issues.   If the VM randomly boots and your not sure why. Check the Events log within the OS.  it will show errors, conflicts causing this issue. 

You should start a new thread this is for Noldy issue unless you are him.

Hi,

My main server has esxi 5.5 installed and currently I have 4 VMs running: 1 Debian (MySQL for DayZ epoch) machine and 3 Windows 2012R2 servers (two dedicated to arma3)

So far no problems on perfomance or other issues, but you must know how to prepare the setup (at least 1 nic dedicated to the management network and 1 nic shared per 2 vms); exagerate on host RAM so you can dedicate at least 4 GB per VM. Also, you must know which settings to tune, the best pratices from hypervisor vendor must be followed.

I have Redis running on each Arma3 dedicated server, so in case I get messed up, I have to rebuild just one server.

Bear in mind that modification are not always on the fly, it may happen that queued db writes are delayed (check Redis config).

TLDR? Run Redis on the VM, but configure the Memory setting according to the RAM amount available. If you have only 4 gigs, give 1GB and check the console window for any error messages.

Best regards

- Michel