Problem with Vaults & Lockboxes

fettneX

Question

Today a player from my server told me his vaults doesnt work anymore, i've tested the problem with Vaults and Lockboxes, nothing. At his Vault i can enter the Code, not more. At fresh placed Vaults there stands only the "Open" option but nothing works.

Yesterday i had installed the Advanced Alchemical Crafting script which includes a change in the fn_selfActions.sqf.

I've changed that back to standard but nothing again.

Another was the Build Vectors Script with a player_lockVault.sqf and another player_unlockVault.sqf in a new compiles folder.

Another Scripts:

Snap Build Pro

Precise Build

Indestructible Items ( with the dayz_code folder )

Logistic Lift & Tow

Vehicle Service by Axe Cop

What Could i do? I dont know rly atm where the fault could be.

10 answers to this question

Same here, now the Server is Vanilla Overpoch. The first Script is Plot4Life now.. if i follow the install readme exactly, the Safes doesnt work anymore and the Infistar is disabled too but a Gear Option at a Storage Shed works.

If i dont replace some lines from his readme inside the init.sqf the infistar tool does work, but the storage shed not more. Check my other Post at Rimblocks release. I've checked my german forum, the guys got the problem too. I think there a important lines inside the fn_selfactions or something like that, compiles, variables, what ever... which need a change or something is double placed, i dont know.

A Plot for Life is built for Epoch and not Overpoch.

Vaults / lock boxes should open for their owners without the need for codes. Others must supply codes. This is code in Epoch that was not fully finished. A Plot for life supplied the missing piece.

If anyone is running A Plot for Life on Epoch with nothing else and is seeing issues then report them on the A Plot for Life thread or they will most likely not be known about by the author (Me).

I am saying exactly what I said.  I built the mod for Epoch and not for Overpoch.  Whether it works for Overpoch or not 'out of the box' is something I do not know as I have never tried.

What I do know is that a number of people run it on Overpoch servers but I do not know what, if anything, they changed to get it to work.  I also know that I do not support installations on Overpoch.

If someone wants to try amending A Plot for Life so it will work on Overpoch.

Saying lockboxes and vaults do not work with A Plot for Life installed without saying it is on Overpoch (which it was never designed to work on) seems a little unclear.  If it was not working on Epoch then it would be something I would look in to and try to rectify if I could recreate the issue.

If you search my thread for the A Plot for Life mod for "Overpoch" then you would probably get an idea of people who may be able to help.