Epoch Server on Linux

Kartoffel

Question

Hey guys,

I'd like to know if there is a way to host an Epoch server on Linux.

The only problem right now is this 'database' system working on with a .exe.

Is there a way to get it working on Linux ? I've been trying with Wine with no success.

It could have been so much more easier with SQL Database like on Altis Life...

Thanks for your help.

11 answers to this question

It's not currently compatible but I am waiting for the same thing. As soon as it comes out on Linux, I'm gonna immediately get my hands on a Linux box and get one running. Plus (correct me if I'm wrong) the Linux arma 3 server is poorly optimized so you'd be best sticking with Windows for now. 

Hi,

i read your post and you are disturbed by the .exe file of database, but i resolve this mistake by using the redis ubuntu native server, but i have a another problem with linux server, at the start of server the linux don't found the correct dll version of epochserver.dll file because dll are not a linux file, have you resolved this trouble and if yes, how ? thx a lot foir your helping (before using Redis Ubunut Server i do first link with a delocalised database running on another ip on windows server and that are functionally, but actualy I do the inverse, i have a server on a windows linked on a database on linux can you help me to have a linux server with linux database ?

It's ironic because i have the reverse of your mistake

thax a lot for helping

Hello there,

Would it be possible to get a linux version (.so) of the dynamic library EpochServer.dll? I'll be more than happy to port the sources to linux if you don't have the time/people/software for it.

Linux servers are cheaper to maintain and that dll seems to be the only missing piece in the puzzle to run Epoch on linux.

Best regards.

Hi,

i read your post and you are disturbed by the .exe file of database, but i resolve this mistake by using the redis ubuntu native server, but i have a another problem with linux server, at the start of server the linux don't found the correct dll version of epochserver.dll file because dll are not a linux file, have you resolved this trouble and if yes, how ? thx a lot foir your helping (before using Redis Ubunut Server i do first link with a delocalised database running on another ip on windows server and that are functionally, but actualy I do the inverse, i have a server on a windows linked on a database on linux can you help me to have a linux server with linux database ?

It's ironic because i have the reverse of your mistake

thax a lot for helping

who are you referring to?

because here..everyone is talking about the mission .so file and the loadextension for linux basically which makes the linux host impossible.

at the beginning of the post , your main problem is to run the .exe from the data base server with Linux. for this i answer it is easier to start a real Linux native Redis server under linux, I 've done it myself . But after this problem solved you will get to another problem , that I meet, that is to say unable to load into memory the Epochserver.dll because the dll file is a Windows base. The simplest would be to find or transcode the Epochserver.dll Epochserver.so in which it would be a Linux native file . My question is does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

thank you and greeting