A look at life vs Epoch

aFuzzybuny

Hi All,

I am finding this mod frustrating at the moment. I understand the testing phases and all that. I have run Dayz servers from week 2 of it's availability. I just would like to maybe get some discussion going on as to what I am seeing.

In order to play this mod I had to spend $85.00 US,due to having to pay for each little item like helis.Silly me thinking those would be included..Add another $60 for 2 servers,one North America and one Europe. Cancelling 2 semi populated Dayz Epoch servers.

All this to play this mod .

So far we have had 0 traffic on our servers,aside from ourselves. We are starving most of the time and are getting quite bored. We want to build something maybe base wise,but are stuck in survive mode. No time for anything but looting for food. We have a definite lack of animals so looting is all there is. At least on Dayz Epoch I could add some AI or a mission or 2 to liven things up. Which I could add food to the backpacks and save us all!

Now that is the short end. Here is the long term.

If i find one more grenade in a stove I am gonna loose it! Common sense please!

One of the most popular parts of Epoch had been the fact that if you wanted food you looted the houses. If you were into the high end military,you hit a barracks. There was always an animal within a few minutes search from where you were to get sustenance. This was what also gave you the PVP that has always been what made the game fun. Many lives lost at NW airfield,looking for that M107!  Now I need only to go to the church for those.Boring...there are 165 churches.Divide that by 4 players and the chances of PVP go to not happening much,if at all.

Lock boxes?? Why so rare? Again one thing Epoch had over Dayz was the safes! DUH! Why would any player want  to spend hours looting,only to not have anywhere to put that sweet loot??Possibly a vehicle? That's not going to work.! Vehicles are for transport,not storage.

I have one lockbox for the many,many,many hours spent on several servers,including  my own. The lack of being able to stock the traders is a big letdown. I could make lockboxes available there but-access denied. The ability to safely store what you have invested time into acquiring is paramount. The fact that buildings are destructible matters little if you have a lockbox. The buildings are just decorations if you have true security. They can blow my vehicles up and I will be ok with a safe,lockbox,whatever. Hell just hiding stuff in hole in the ground beats whats up now.

Why are all the vehicles show room condition? Really? They shine like a new penny. Looking at what we are playing I am more inclined to think they should be kinda beat and dull,possibly rusting a bit. I am pretty sure they truly would not be able to go 172 km. So could we get those to be more sensible? Harder to see and easier to hide. Why? Because they are beat up and rusty as they should be. Also make then paint able? Nothing better than a good coat of anything but shiny shiny red.

The servers are listed as Arma 3 until someone joins. So if no traffic we are an Arma3 server. Hard to get Epoch players like that. We get Arma 3 players all the time. Connect and disconnect. Still says Arma 3 until a player gets thru the login process. So the Epoch traffic stays at 0,And Arma 3 players keep on doing the "This isn't Arma 3 " thing and leaving. Could we get this to say Epoch Mod even if no players have joined?

I understand this is a different animal than Dayz Epoch.But we need to not loose what made Epoch so popular in the first place.

I don't miss the zeds,but I miss the fun.

Just a few thoughts...