Forced Grass!?

redletuce

Hello everyone, I'm rather new here, but I need to ask for some help. For those players who play with bad fps, this new update seems to be forcing grass detail. However It makes the mod nearly unplayable for a lot of players with average computers, due to low fps. Can someone tell me how to Remove this setting so that players do not have forced grass on their games? I hope this makes sence, if not please point out what doesn't and ill try to correct it :P

You cannot force remove grass client side on your PC unless scripted in with a "admin tool". It's something a server owner could do for all players, but thats not necessary as in Epoch 1.2.0.4 they level of detail for some objects, grass included, has been drastically reduced improving frame rates on lower end machines.  My old machine can even player arma, and the GFX card for it is like 8-9 years old...

How to take off the grass in Epoch!!!!

1st if you have a server host that allow you to edit most of the files like HBF you will have better fps. If not you can fix a little.

Remove the Grass mod pbos from the server files.
then add this to the bottom of the inti,sqf
setTerrainGrid 50;

Then sub to me

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4kdIh3Ts5QwpjVO6MV9BQ

How to take off the grass in Epoch!!!!

1st if you have a server host that allow you to edit most of the files like HBF you will have better fps. If not you can fix a little.

Remove the Grass mod pbos from the server files.

then add this to the bottom of the inti,sqf

setTerrainGrid 50;

Then sub to me

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4kdIh3Ts5QwpjVO6MV9BQ

This is what I'm looking for, but I'm not seeing the grass mod pbos. Where are they exactly?

Edit: Found them. In @DayZ_Epoch/addons of course.

• 1 year later...