Server unreliabilty

Tang0

I have an Epoch server on Vilayer - The server has a great community of players and it runs well but every week it seems to have problem and goes down for 1 reason or another and 95% of the time no script has been changed its usually a database issue - im finding the database so unreliable - it even goes down when we havent changed anything in it etc, we make multiple backups of it but even those cause problems - Can someone recommend a Server Host that they would say is reliable as im sick of this week in week out ?

One of the communities I'm with uses OVH and seem to be a good one.

Keep in mind performance is tied to the equipment which of course it tied to the price.  Another words, the cheapest model usually means that you won't get top notch performance especially with full servers.  Still yet a better way of saying it is "You get what you pay for".  Obviously this doesn't always hold true in all situations but...  

Anyway, check this out.  Best advise though is to shop around for what your budget compared to what your needs are

http://www.ovh.com/

Get a dedicated server or a vds , host the database your self , full control , no down time , nothing better i used to host control panel servers and always used to have problems , i changed to a vds server and have never had to contact any help and have had no down time

Get a dedicated server or a vds , host the database your self , full control , no down time , nothing better i used to host control panel servers and always used to have problems , i changed to a vds server and have never had to contact any help and have had no down time

This. It can be quite a hassle, if you are a non-techie... But it's well worth it. You can rent a decent dedicated server with a win server license included for about 40-50€ a month. You have all the controll here and you can do all the other webstuff, like sn email-server, webserver etc. It's well worth it.