Vehicles reapwning after restarts etc

taylorig

Question

Hello,

Anyway a friend and i are running a Epoch server with Vilayer on 1.0.2.4 and can not seem to find any concrete information on why vehicles keep respawning back to their original positions after a restart (Manual and auto one's).

If anyone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction as to what file and lines of text need editing to sort this we would be most grateful.

We are still trying to get our heads around a lot of things in regards to running a server but we're getting there.

Thanks in advance for any input ;)

16 answers to this question

Are you using blue phoenix admin tool?

Indeed we are.

So is there a way to sort this out or is it just a simple fact of get rid of Blue Phoenix?

And is there any other admin tool you could recommend that is as good to use as BP?

Also what exactly is the problem with Blue Pheonix if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks again :)

taylorig, on 22 Oct 2013 - 3:22 PM, said:

Indeed we are.

So is there a way to sort this out or is it just a simple fact of get rid of Blue Phoenix?

And is there any other admin tool you could recommend that is as good to use as BP?

do this

http://phoenixmods.freeforums.org/epoch-admin-tools-install-guide-works-100-t95.html

and Admin Tools WILL work without the DB resetting every restart.

Indeed we are.

Ya, I'm using blue phoenix just fine right now. Everything works except the teleport, but its Epoch and there is a fix to remove the anti-teleport.

The problem with blue phoenix is a problem you will run into often with other mods. Some of them are only made for DayZ and lots of Epoch files are different so you have to do things a little different to get it working.

Jaegr posted a fix that I guess works for most, but it still wasn't working for me. The vehicles were still resetting. I added two guides together and ended up getting it working. I just started getting into scripting with Arma so I don't know why this works, or even if it should, but it did and I've had no problems.

if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
       "		diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
       "		(vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n
       "		_x setDamage 1;" \n
       "	 };" \n
       " } forEach allUnits;" \n
       "" \n

There is my entire section for it. It's been a few weeks since I messed with it, so I'm not sure what I did exactly. It seemed like that diag_log was missing or incomplete. I remember grabbing that piece from another guide. Anyways, use Jaegr's link first and see if that works. If it doesnt then compare yours to mine. Copy Paste might not work since I see "Sarge" in it for sarge ai.

Thanks guy's,

Really appreciate the help as i wasn't getting much help on the actual Blue Pheonix forums.

Will post back and let you know how things work out.

Edit: Ok so i have tested with what you said to try C_P and also from the thread that Jaegr linked. Vehicles are still trolling us...

What is the significance of the extra quote if you don't mind me askiong?

I'm not sure. Maybe that is one of your problems. I just looked through Sarge guides, my original backup, and blue phoenix and they are all having the quadruple quotes. Like I said though, I'm new to this as well. I looked for a few, but I couldn't find an explanation to the functions of the quadruple quotes. Maybe what ever its being called from is already quoted and you have to quote the quote to make the syntax work? No idea.

I'm not sure. Maybe that is one of your problems. I just looked through Sarge guides, my original backup, and blue phoenix and they are all having the quadruple quotes. Like I said though, I'm new to this as well. I looked for a few, but I couldn't find an explanation to the functions of the quadruple quotes. Maybe what ever its being called from is already quoted and you have to quote the quote to make the syntax work? No idea.

LOL *Mind blown*

I'll just keep an eye on these forums and Blue Phoenix one's and see if anything else comes up.

But thank you once again for your input. And good luck with your server ;)

Edit: Ok so i have tested with what you said to try C_P and also from the thread that Jaegr linked. Vehicles are still trolling us...

I just read that you are still having the problem. If you're sure that you followed all the directions correctly with that guide and didn't notice any difference between my code and yours then I'd start shutting off all your other mods. Just comment out all the execVM = ******.sqf in your init.sqf. Revert any changes you can think of and try to keep track of everything you are doing. Once you get the vehicles back, then you can start enabling the mods, one by one until it breaks.

If you revert everything and turn off all mods and you are still having the issue, then I'd do a full wipe and start fresh. But first BACKUP ALL THE THINGS! Doing a full wipe isnt so bad if you have a backup of your old stuff. Its not too hard to put them back in place.

Thats my process anyways, but I bet its still something with the server_cleanup since thats a common problem with that tool. Feel free to message me if you run into something. I've got most of the popular mods working (it hasnt been an easy battle) and I'd be more than willing to help out.

taylorig, on 22 Oct 2013 - 8:12 PM, said:taylorig, on 22 Oct 2013 - 8:12 PM, said:

Thanks guy's,

Really appreciate the help as i wasn't getting much help on the actual Blue Pheonix forums.

Will post back and let you know how things work out.

Hmm ok, what other mods scripts are you running beyond pheonix and also are you using the DEBUG or no DEBUG version?

personally i have DAYZ NPC missions running very well together with Admintools i did have issues with vehicle and cargo rollbacks initially but once i followed what i linked you too i have had no issues also this is using the no debug version of the Tools, however teleport does not work but i dont mind as it isnt worth the hassle to get it working.

I just read that you are still having the problem. If you're sure that you followed all the directions correctly with that guide and didn't notice any difference between my code and yours then I'd start shutting off all your other mods. Just comment out all the execVM = ******.sqf in your init.sqf. Revert any changes you can think of and try to keep track of everything you are doing. Once you get the vehicles back, then you can start enabling the mods, one by one until it breaks.

If you revert everything and turn off all mods and you are still having the issue, then I'd do a full wipe and start fresh. But first BACKUP ALL THE THINGS! Doing a full wipe isnt so bad if you have a backup of your old stuff. Its not too hard to put them back in place.

Thats my process anyways, but I bet its still something with the server_cleanup since thats a common problem with that tool. Feel free to message me if you run into something. I've got most of the popular mods working (it hasnt been an easy battle) and I'd be more than willing to help out.

indeed there is allways a bit of coaxing and endless information hunting involved.

Anyone care to take a look at out RPT logs please and see if you can shed some light on the matter? https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2kp8s20a1tjvr0/ARMA2OASERVER.RPT

Still having the problem obviously and we have even removed Blue Phoenix to test and it's still doing it. Our Host said there are some error's showing in our logs that we have found but can't seem seem to make head nor tales of them...

Oh and Jaegr, we're are running a debug version

Thanks again in advance

Anyone care to take a look at out RPT logs please and see if you can shed some light on the matter? https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2kp8s20a1tjvr0/ARMA2OASERVER.RPT

Still having the problem obviously and we have even removed Blue Phoenix to test and it's still doing it. Our Host said there are some error's showing in our logs that we have found but can't seem seem to make head nor tales of them...

Oh and Jaegr, we're are running a debug version

Thanks again in advance

14:14:04   Error Missing {
14:14:04 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 29

This looks like you may have not reverted correctly. Its looking for code, but isnt finding it now. That line 29 is where that admin tool tells you to start replacing with his stuff. You can download the server files from epoch's site and put it back to original.

Edit: By original, I mean place the vanilla server_updateObject.sqf in the compile folder and replace your buggy one. Back up your buggy one if you have other mods that effect that file though.

i managed to get my tool working, had to completely  replace my server_updateObject.sqf in order to sort the database not saving the vehicles moved round the map and stuff in safes not saving, i copied in this version and it seems to be working perfect so far https://github.com/thevisad/DayZ-Private-master/blob/master/pkgs/pkg1744/dayzplus/compile/server_updateObject.sqf

I had the same bug that my cars would not save their location. And once I fixed the save location then I wouldn't be able to get in the vehicles without getting killed. Nervewracking and annoying it was, that I promise you! I fixed it by getting a default server_cleanup and server_updateobject and just follow this tutorial again.

http://phoenixmods.freeforums.org/epoch-admin-tools-install-guide-works-100-t95.html

I noticed that I had made a mistake in this line with the )'s.

if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then

I hope you all find your solutions, good luck :)

Hmm ok, what other mods scripts are you running beyond pheonix and also are you using the DEBUG or no DEBUG version?

personally i have DAYZ NPC missions running very well together with Admintools i did have issues with vehicle and cargo rollbacks initially but once i followed what i linked you too i have had no issues also this is using the no debug version of the Tools, however teleport does not work but i dont mind as it isnt worth the hassle to get it working.

I added this to my init file and teleporting works for me.  (Got this from a different thread somewhere, can't remember where now...)

DZE_teleport = [14000,14000,14000,14000,14000];

Maybe it'll work for you as well.