whats the deal with radar?

Todd1

does it pick up single players??

what vehicles have it ??

And any other info about it..

As a single player I'd like to know if I'm getting hunted by radar guided hit squads..

We all know the mod is turning into a single or couple large groups running servers using new players as fodder when they show up..

Fun? can be, now.... not so much, we already see groups bored with hunting players like fish in a barrel inviting them to attack the fortress they build (free targets)

do groups of players have a better chance to score more and better loot wile sweeping towns?? 

How about give single players a better chance to deal with every helo and armoured vehicle that one or two groups owns on the map??

even dumb gamers will run into "that wall" a basic number of times before they see they are "fish in that barrel" and think, screw this game and move on..

a little balance goes a long way..

The Drone which is AI sends 3 hit squad members to kill you.

Players have access to a couple model of helicopters which I believe have radar (If you watch the streams its the circular display in the top center of the screen). Radar will show you other vehicles in range.  I believe they also have Thermal vision which shows heat so that could be used to locate players. 

The last helo I was in was the hellcat (i think thats what it is called). And it did not have radar.  It did have thermal though but you cannot fly and use that at the same time.  I would need to see another helo to verify if the radar has been turned off for all or just the hellcat though.

Nope:

For sure wrong! For sure not all, they do have the circle at the top of the screen, you can see the degree of the compass, but you can not see vehicle or so on it. Maybe some got a radar, I flew only one chopper and this one didn't have a radar, it was an orca if I remember right.

The Hellcat is NOT in Epoch anymore, because of the Thermal camera that was available to the co-pilot. As mentioned in the other thread, all helis have radar, but they will only pick up vehicles.

In response to OP, you're not being hunted by groups using thermal/radar/hax. If you jump in a vehicle, and there's a group looking for action, then yes - they will use the radar that they have available in the co-pilot seat in order to follow you around. But any person on the ground, would also hunt the shit out of you to get your vehicle - or even just your loot.

Groups do - to some extend - have a better chance of finding good loot when they approach a town. Every single player will trigger the lootspawns, making it so (in my experience) more lootboxes will spawn. But even then; you have the exact same chance of spawning the loot as every single one of them. They have to share all that loot - you don't.

This is a mod focused on groups - hence the group system, group locking of bases and vehicles, and the amount of supplies needed to build a strong base. 

I have but one suggestion to you; find teammates. This is an unforgiving game, and if you don't have the patience to be loosing, you should be teaming up with others. It's what this game is all about - Arma is no singleplayer.

Skafsgaard, I know for a fact it was in around 4 days ago on Badgers Den 2. (it is an official server)  Now it is gone from the place we had it so it could have been changed recently but up until then (at least on that server) I know the hellcat was still in.  As far as now I have no evidence to support that it is still in so it very well may have been taken out.

Skafsgaard, I know for a fact it was in around 4 days ago on Badgers Den 2. (it is an official server)  Now it is gone from the place we had it so it could have been changed recently but up until then (at least on that server) I know the hellcat was still in.  As far as now I have no evidence to support that it is still in so it very well may have been taken out.

Arma 3 Epoch Mod 0.2 Patch Preview

Are you sure that you are playing on an official server, Chief? Haven't seen the Hellcat on any of the official servers that I've been on since 0.0.2, and as far as I know they're not supposed to be on any of the servers at all.

Yes it was badgers den 2.  Its on the server list for epoch.  I dont play on unofficial servers.

Edit: Also I know it was on the server after the .2 update.  I just got back on it earlier and I still had my repair truck I had found shortly after leaving the area we stashed the heli.  And I wouldn't bring it up if it wasn't true.  Whats the point of me lying?

well I dont mind as long as radar will not pick up me on the ground..I do not use vehicles that much anyway..As far as finding a group?? i'd rather pluck my eye out with with a fruit spoon rather than deal with arma/dayz kiddies again, at this point I'd rather hack you all in the face with a hatchet(nothing personal though)

but when a heli turns to me in the middle of the night and one shots me over a mile away,prone in the weeds... I find that Bull-shit bigtime and is a gamebreaker for me, thermal optics should never see a video game and I will not play a game that has them..

Yes it was badgers den 2.  Its on the server list for epoch.  I dont play on unofficial servers.

Edit: Also I know it was on the server after the .2 update.  I just got back on it earlier and I still had my repair truck I had found shortly after leaving the area we stashed the heli.  And I wouldn't bring it up if it wasn't true.  Whats the point of me lying?

I'm not saying that you're lying, dude - chill. But as mentioned in the link, the Hellcat is removed from Epoch until balancing is sorted (thermal properly disabled). Your server host might've decided to keep the Hellcat in, but you won't find the heli on a server running "default epoch settings" or w/e to call it.

I'm not saying that you're lying, dude - chill. But as mentioned in the link, the Hellcat is removed from Epoch until balancing is sorted (thermal properly disabled). Your server host might've decided to keep the Hellcat in, but you won't find the heli on a server running "default epoch settings" or w/e to call it.

Turns out after I saw it the other day there was a unscheduled server restart.  My buddy was flying the hellcat and landed it before the restart occured and when they got back in it had disappeared.  So it is no longer available (as far as we know) on badgers den 2.  And I wasn't getting angry just putting it out there that I have no reason to lie about it you know.  Its to bad about the hellcat that we had though, had quite a bit of gear in it when it disappeared.