Force Nametags

SunnyPi

Question

7 answers to this question

Anyone know if there is any way to tell gamespy/dayz commander that the server have no nameplates?

In your host name description I think if you put NT:OFF, that will do it :)

Something like this somewhere in your host name:  [VETERAN CH:ON 3P:ON NP:OFF]   <-- edited (was NT, should be NP)

In your host name description I think if you put NT:OFF, that will do it :)

Something like this somewhere in your host name:  [VETERAN CH:ON 3P:ON NT:OFF

Oh, I'm sorry. But thanks for the solution anyway. Didn't know DayZ commander actually used the host name to determine those settings.

Oh, I'm sorry. But thanks for the solution anyway. Didn't know DayZ commander actually used the host name to determine those settings.

Sorry, that NT should be NP , I was still thinking NameTags for some reason lol ..

Also, like I said, I think that's how it works.  From what I read up on several months ago while setting my own server host name up, I read that the dayz commander determines what is on and off based on what level you're server is running at i.e Veteran, Expert , etc.. I've also noticed that sometimes it shows my server as having tracers on, when they're off, and other times it'll display correctly.  The best way to avoid confusion for players joining is have it listed in your host name description. Then dayz commander can say whatever it likes :p

Sorry, that NT should be NP , I was still thinking NameTags for some reason lol ..

Also, like I said, I think that's how it works.  From what I read up on several months ago while setting my own server host name up, I read that the dayz commander determines what is on and off based on what level you're server is running at i.e Veteran, Expert , etc.. I've also noticed that sometimes it shows my server as having tracers on, when they're off, and other times it'll display correctly.  The best way to avoid confusion for players joining is have it listed in your host name description. Then dayz commander can say whatever it likes :P

I just did this a couple hours ago and can confirm that NP:OFF does turn off the nameplate icon in dayz commander.