Trading NPC's not Interactable

doofmachine1

Question

Hello, I have been setting up a server for quiet a while now and have been customizing my own tradercities, and now it looks great and how i want it, but i have gotten a new issue rolling up on me.. i tought it was the admintool or the action menu i installed but it was not, tried to remove em but im still not able to interact with NPC's now after i added the overpoch trader. I have no idea what could messing with me. But imma leave some rows of code that might help.

Overpoch traders
http://pastebin.com/E9brUs4m

server_trader.sqf
http://pastebin.com/xdPY1698

6 answers to this question

// DayZ Epoch TRADERS for 11
    serverTraders =["gsc_eco_stalker_mask_camo","RU_Functionary1","RU_Citizen3","Rocker4","Profiteer4","Rita_Ensler_EP1","CIV_EuroMan01_EP1","CIV_EuroMan02_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_5_EP1","GUE_Soldier_MG","Worker2","Worker3","Woodlander1","UN_CDF_Soldier_Pilot_EP1","RU_WorkWoman1","Dr_Annie_Baker_EP1","RU_Citizen4","RU_WorkWoman5","RU_Citizen1","RU_Villager3","TK_CIV_Takistani04_EP1","Pilot_EP1","RU_Profiteer4","Woodlander3","Dr_Hladik_EP1","Doctor","HouseWife1","GUE_Woodlander2"];
    //overpoch trader
    menu_gsc_eco_stalker_mask_camo = [
            [["Overwatch weapons",800],["Ammo",801]],
            [],
            "neutral"
    ];

dont know if it will fix it but you was missing a ]  after 801

if not then post your rpt too

// DayZ Epoch TRADERS for 11
    serverTraders =["gsc_eco_stalker_mask_camo","RU_Functionary1","RU_Citizen3","Rocker4","Profiteer4","Rita_Ensler_EP1","CIV_EuroMan01_EP1","CIV_EuroMan02_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_5_EP1","GUE_Soldier_MG","Worker2","Worker3","Woodlander1","UN_CDF_Soldier_Pilot_EP1","RU_WorkWoman1","Dr_Annie_Baker_EP1","RU_Citizen4","RU_WorkWoman5","RU_Citizen1","RU_Villager3","TK_CIV_Takistani04_EP1","Pilot_EP1","RU_Profiteer4","Woodlander3","Dr_Hladik_EP1","Doctor","HouseWife1","GUE_Woodlander2"];
    //overpoch trader
    menu_gsc_eco_stalker_mask_camo = [
            [["Overwatch weapons",800],["Ammo",801]],
            [],
            "neutral"
    ];

dont know if it will fix it but you was missing a ]  after 801

if not then post your rpt too

Well thank you that solved the interaction problems.. but now, all the shops are blank and not showing any items, i can see the tabs but not the items, That is a SQL problem right?

also database can usualy be slow for loading item when theres lots to load. try switching to config traders

+1. With only weapons and ammo as menus it will take quite a while to load 400+ guns. I spent a few hr a day for a couple days adding menus and editing the TIDs in my database to oraganise the guns by variant .

This is my overpoch trader menu if you care to use it and make the edits.

//Overpoch VENDOR
menu_gsc_scientist1 = [
	[["Pistols",950],["ACR Variants",951],["DMR Variants",952],["Stanag Variants",953],["AK Variants",954],["Sniper Rifles",955],["SMGs",956],["LMGs",957],["Other Weapons",900],["Ammo",901]],
	[],
	"neutral"
]; 

Its a fair amount of work but it makes the menus load nearly instantly (Due to large amount of variants, ACRs still take a sec to load). And database traders are very easy to monitor what comes in and out. I like to not only set restocking, but remove overstock as well. Not sure how config traders work as far limiting how many of and how often each item type (weapons, land/air vehicles, boats, bicycles, backpacks, and ammo/items) is restocked, but i know its very easy to do in the database with scheduled events. Change trader skin to yours and the ammo to 801 to match your TID and add ["Overwatch weapons",800], into this as well so as u change the TIDs little by little, all of the weapons are still available and once youre done sorting you can just delete ["Overwatch weapons",800], back out of the sqf to remove the extra menu.

+1. With only weapons and ammo as menus it will take quite a while to load 400+ guns. I spent a few hr a day for a couple days adding menus and editing the TIDs in my database to oraganise the guns by variant .

This is my overpoch trader menu if you care to use it and make the edits.

//Overpoch VENDOR
menu_gsc_scientist1 = [
	[["Pistols",950],["ACR Variants",951],["DMR Variants",952],["Stanag Variants",953],["AK Variants",954],["Sniper Rifles",955],["SMGs",956],["LMGs",957],["Other Weapons",900],["Ammo",901]],
	[],
	"neutral"
]; 

Its a fair amount of work but it makes the menus load nearly instantly (Due to large amount of variants, ACRs still take a sec to load). And database traders are very easy to monitor what comes in and out. I like to not only set restocking, but remove overstock as well. Not sure how config traders work as far limiting how many of and how often each item type (weapons, land/air vehicles, boats, bicycles, backpacks, and ammo/items) is restocked, but i know its very easy to do in the database with scheduled events. Change trader skin to yours and the ammo to 801 to match your TID and add ["Overwatch weapons",800], into this as well so as u change the TIDs little by little, all of the weapons are still available and once youre done sorting you can just delete ["Overwatch weapons",800], back out of the sqf to remove the extra menu.

Well, i knew about this but didnt take enough time to sort it out while i was making it.. i definetly will later today. Thank you for the list dude.