Suggestions.

JackalopeHunter

OK, much of this may already be out there. I just wanted to take a minute to put my 2 cents in here. 

1st off, to all the Devs working on this. You all are doing GREAT.. This is so much better than the A2 version and we enjoy playing it so much. Can't wait to get a server of our own. 

That being said, think there are a few things that really need to get a polish. 

1. Vehicle inventory. Need to be able to get to it from in the car. It would also be nice to have a way to get into it without multiple steps from the outside. 
  2. Inventory system. Need a way to sort it, maybe just by alphabetical? It sucks when you are trying to move the 4 clips you have and after clicking on one they all move to a different spot and you have to search for them. 
  3. Hunger/Thurst. I know it was changed because before you could go all day and not drink anything, but its to fast now. Specially the drinking part of it. And drink spawn rate is low, can find more guns than sodas and that just seems off. Maybe just slow down the thurst by a little, think its close but just a little to fast. 
  4. Money, hope it is in the works to use all the atms around the map so you can deposit the money. I bet this is in the "plan" but don't know what the official plan is so hey. 
  5. Weapon spawns. Think it is a little to easy to find high caliber guns right off the bat. I can spawn and have a 7.62 lmg in 5 minutes. More 5.56 and lower higher guns so they are "desired" and not throw away. Not a huge issue but after all this is not a first person shooter, its a survival game and we really want to work at it right? 
  6. Driving at night. This may be an Arma 3 thing but maybe it could be adjusted. If you don't have night vision you cant see anything at night. If you tap anything with the front of the vehicle you loose your lights, and I don't think they would go out that easy. Maybe vehicles could overheat from front damage? Would be cool to have to worry about that and let the car cool before you could drive it more. May be to much to add in, not sure but would be a cool part of the game. 
  7. Lockable Storage. Why else do we all play EPOCH? We want to loot, and store our goods. After all in all my time running an Epoch server how many players lived out of a tent? That was Vanilla DayZ players who did not know they could have a safe. Long before building a base I placed a safe and used it to store stuff. As is we have a lock box and from what I am reading it does not work. Vehicles only lock for 30 minutes so that means we really can't use them. Although if you are good you can hide one well enough. I know this is only an Alpha but so many are playing already that we need to see the basics.. 

In all like I started out, this is going great and the .2 patch really made some great changes. Although a few may have been a little to much of a change. 

Well this is just my 2 cents. 

1. Inventory system. Need a way to sort it, maybe just by alphabetical? It sucks when you are trying to move the 4 clips you have and after clicking on one they all move to a different spot and you have to search for them.
  2. Money, hope it is in the works to use all the atms around the map so you can deposit the money. I bet this is in the "plan" but don't know what the official plan is so hey. 
  3. Weapon spawns. Think it is a little to easy to find high caliber guns right off the bat. I can spawn and have a 7.62 lmg in 5 minutes. More 5.56 and lower higher guns so they are "desired" and not throw away. Not a huge issue but after all this is not a first person shooter, its a survival game and we really want to work at it right? 
  4. Driving at night. This may be an Arma 3 thing but maybe it could be adjusted. If you don't have night vision you cant see anything at night. If you tap anything with the front of the vehicle you loose your lights, and I don't think they would go out that easy. Maybe vehicles could overheat from front damage? Would be cool to have to worry about that and let the car cool before you could drive it more. May be to much to add in, not sure but would be a cool part of the game.

1-2. +1

3. It was kind of the same way in DayZ Epoch, and it was just terrible in Overpoch.  There's no point in even having the lower in weapons in the loot table if no one uses them.

4. Yeah, someone said it was an Arma issue, but I didn't really notice it in the campaign or other game types.  Maybe I just didn't notice it for some reason.

To combat the increased thirst rate, I usually carry around several empty jars and when I go through a town I always top off my thirst and stamina at a water barrel. 

Yeah I had no idea you could even do that until I found a jar of water and it just clicked lol.  I've never even seen anyone say anything about it previously, even the couple times when I suggested being able to access water sources.  I didn't know you could use the wells.  Good to know, thanks.

You must be by a blue 55 gallon barrel that look like this. Look inside it because some have sand in them and some have water. Double left click on the empty jar and in the top middle of the screen (where the crafting menu is) there should be a picture of a jar full of water. Click on the jar and if there is a water source nearby, you should be able click craft near the bottom of your screen and get a jar filled with water. 

They also should add another teleport that will randomly teleport you. So you avoid getting spawn killed.

I was thinking about this too.  It would be nice if there were a few different spawn points in the same general location and it spawned you randomly to one of them.  They wouldn't even have to be that far apart, but at least people wouldn't know exactly where you're going to pop up.  I'm pretty sure this will be changing one way or another in the future.