[Suggestion] Dismantle Storage Structures

anthony

It would be nice if we had a "remove" option for storage structures so that we could rebuild them. I think the cost to remove and rebuild these structures should be more than just a chance to break a crowbar and toolbox. The first is to remove the bulk_empty from a build component and move it to being required to actually place the structure along with maybe some timber/plywood/corrugated. The other would be to create a new item, something like "dismantled_xxxxx_kit" which requires a bulk_empty along with some plywood/timber/corrugated, depending on structure, to rebuild.

This would certainly cut down on the amount of structure clutter that occurs and make it so server admins don't have to manually clear them from the database.

This idea came from a member of my server by the name of Demonedwolf.

Not sure that would be a good idea, if you think about it. Someone can come along and pick up any storage sheds. And there wouldn't be a way to stop them from stealing it.

They are already able to be destroyed with a single satchel charge or vehicles with mounted weapons, so the "anyone can steal the shed" argument is really moot, in my opinion. And since the contents of a shed aren't lockable players already have some expectation that their shed could be empty should it be raided, which isn't much worse than someone taking the time and tools to dismantle it in the first place.

maybe make the storage shed indestrucible with plot pole but owner can remove?

I wouldn't say to make them indestructible, otherwise a well hidden structure may not be be much worse than a safe/lock box or two. In fact, it can be argued that a shed, especially the metal ones, can be almost on par with a safe/lock box already since you can stick them inside a rock and they are hardly noticeable. But putting a plotpole as part of the break down mechanic along with crowbars/toolboxs breaking is definitely something a good way to go.