AI question regarding stationary vehicles

Lanmanfm

Question

I use DZAI and I know they do not interact with vehicles. I was wondering about Sarge's AI... If I had a stationary vehicle - like an AA gun or M240 nest - can I assign an AI to that vehicle.

I was just thinking that if I made a bandit camp or a refugee camp and put some stationary weapons around it if the AI would work use it or not...

would be cool to have a couple stationary .50's around the traders with AI to keep the players at bay and remove the safe zones...

4 answers to this question

Yeah the AI in Sarge can use statically placed weapons. Not sure how you'd get the vehicle to stay stationary though but I can confirm 100% that sarge AI can use the 50's in the UAZ's, and also static placed weapons like the ZU 23 and Kord.

There is a setting in the UPSMON folder somewhere, probably an init or config, that you just need to set to 'true' - it'll be obvious once you see it, it's something like 'Can use static weapons' or something like that. We enabled that and bingo, instant carnage. If you want a statically placed weapon then you really can't go past the ZU 23 for both air and ground defence :D

We are also interested in whether or not DZAI is able to use static weapons as we find DZAI much more dynamic than Sarge.  anyone know the answer?

Make it a 3 peat.  I've built a prison on Skalisty and I'm making it a Bandit stronghold.  I'm putting many AI on there but I'd like to have some stationary .50 cals inside the walls used by the AI to keep fast hit and run helis out.  I want to make the players really have to work and fight their way in.  

The stationary guns are DSHKMs added in with the editor, I'd like the DZAI bots to use them, is this possible?  Also the stationary guns kill players if the player mounts it.  How do I stop this?