Heli Crashes MIA

mazzizo

Question

Hello!

I am still relatively new to Epoch, so please exucse my ignorance on the issue.

I've had an Epoch server going for about 2 weeks (even did a fresh install, totally vanilla, even database wipe, besides adding a hatchet to spawn with) and I've seen a heli crash maybe once. I even bumped it up in the pbo to 15*60 (default now due to reinstall) for the spawn rate but that didn't even seem to phase it at all. Is it just a really really low chance in Epoch for heli crashes to spawn? I've tried several options found across Google and the rest of the internets to no avail. Even tried to see if animated heli crashes script would help, but it did not.

I also understand that there is plenty of gear outside of the heli crashes, I just like the atmosphere they bring in.

2 answers to this question

Epoch I believe uses the 'Epoch Event' module and by default inside the server_monitor.sqf it says:

if(isnil "OldHeliCrash") then {
OldHeliCrash = false;
};

Which seems to turn off the old way of spawning them and uses its own method, I too am missing Heli Crashes and will add the following to my init.sqf and see if it fixes it:

OldHeliCrash = true;

Edit: Adding the above to my init.sqf in the server's mpmission has indeed fixed heli crashes for me.