Weapon disspearing on revive

Skafsgaard

1. The server you were playing on.

BMRF's official server.

2. What arma3 build and what Epoch build you are using.

Newest update of ArmA 3 and Epoch, been happening consistently since the 0.1.0.3 hotfix was applied.

3. What it was you were doing

Whenever a player is downed, and then revived - their weapon will dissappear. Before the hotfix, the weapon would dupe upon revive and be left on the ground - now it simply vanishes from both player inventory and the ground.

4. Is it repeatable.

Yes, happens consistently upon revive.

I am not sure but that happened to me too, when I managed to run back to my body after I died.
I could take all the gear but the primary weapon was gone.

Maybe I took the clothes first and that made the body disappear and I wasn't able to take the primary weapon anymore.

Both are bugs anyway...

i think this is an arma issue as it happens in king of the hill and wasteland too

^^ This, I've been having it happen like crazy playing KOTH.  I'm guessing that the weapon falls away from the player and then despawns, since you can grab a weapon without accessing the player if it's just laying there.  I'm sure someone has a support ticket for it by now, I haven't looked myself.

• 2 weeks later...

i think this is an arma issue as it happens in king of the hill and wasteland too

nope

I am not sure but that happened to me too, when I managed to run back to my body after I died.

I could take all the gear but the primary weapon was gone.

Maybe I took the clothes first and that made the body disappear and I wasn't able to take the primary weapon anymore.

Both are bugs anyway...

nope, not the same bug as you weren't revived.

Your gun was probably just well off your corpse. Have had to search the weapons of dead players quite a few times already.

^^ This, I've been having it happen like crazy playing KOTH.  I'm guessing that the weapon falls away from the player and then despawns, since you can grab a weapon without accessing the player if it's just laying there.  I'm sure someone has a support ticket for it by now, I haven't looked myself.

nope

I guess they overcompensated for the duping. 

bingo

and they've almost fixed the issue it seems. It no longer vanishes, but will occasionally dupe. Personally I'd rather have that than it vanishing.