Shopping system improvements

punahattu

Few ideas when the shopping system is developed:

- Store spezialization (as in DayZ Epoch): Some traders could be spezialized in selling predefined stuff, for example building supplies, or helicopters.

- Fixed store locations: Some of the stores, especially those with specialized items should have fixed locations. This would concentrate player activity to certain parts of the map, preferably to some of the intresting parts of Altis. Random stores with random stuff could be additionally used to disperse gaming all around the map.

- Prices according to supply & demand: Prices should be higher or lower depending on item demand, for example popular guns should be more expensive than SMG's. Manually this would be easy to do. I was thinking would it be possible to do a dynamic pricing system: For example if store has only 5 Honey jar's, and somebody wants to buy all 5, the price would increase towards the last item in stock, and again decrease when new shipment arrives? :)

Any thoughts or additional ideas?

As im sure once released someone will modify traders to do that, I'm actually enjoying the way that the traders are currently.

I like the fact that in some cases you need to go trader hunting in order to find what you need. Makes the game more difficult and prevents people from camping specific traders. Doesn't prevent them from camping traders totally, but helps.

• 2 weeks later...