Questions about spawn mechanics

BLFonsworth

Just looking for some clarification on the spawn mechanics:

If I search a lootable item (bed, desk, etc) and take all of the loot, will the lootable item despawn after a certain amount of time? If so, how long?

--If I leave some loot, will the lootable item stay or despawn anyway because it has been searched?

---I ask because myself and some friends have spent 30+ minutes, on several occasions, looting a town only to find every single building empty, not even a couch that already had it's cushions flippped.

When do lootable items (bed, desk, etc) spawn on server reset? A couple friends and myself were on a server last night when it restarted; we came back in only to find the town we were in totaly empty for the first few minutes? Also, is there any logic behind the spawns yet? Seems I can find weapons easier than I can find clothes or packs. Do industrial items spawn more frequently at factories (I've been trying to find a hatchet or chainsaw or something)

I have heard you can find things in the shipping containers, when I went to one, it had a huge box inside that took up almost the whole container but I couldn't peform and mouse-wheel or "t" actions and pressing "I" didn't do anything either.

The only thread I can find by searching "spawn mechanics" is a brief thread with only a few replies, it only really addresses one of my questions though and it's a person guessing based on their experience. I was wondering if there was an actual source or guide from the devs.

My biggest reason for asking is after I ran through 3 different towns and 2 military outposts and didn't even find a cabinet that someone else had already opened, I was wondering if it was normal to run around for an hour or more and only find a pistol, or if things despawn after they are looted and also how they spawn in on server restarts.

edit: NVM, I didn;t realize the search function automatically narrows the search to which ever section you last clicked on.

If you searched it yourself you could of put some links in for the Op just to speed things along, little things go a long way.

No shit really. I would have done so if I found anything. Just like my numerous previous post when some ask and I try to help them. I wasn't being an asshat. I just didn't find anything.

You find a lot more loot if you go with several players at once in the same area. If you have done a pass through a town and found nothing, I would go back through because loot could spawn. One time my friends and I went into a military tower and found nothing. We walked 100m away and stayed there for a couple minutes and when we came back there was a lot of loot where there was none before.