AI missions with Sarge AI ?

SuperMarco

Hi !

I've just implemented the script for the AI missions on my server (this one http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dayzchernarus-mission-system.12169/) but it doesn't seems to work.. we waited for 3 hours and we didn't see any event.. :/

Do we need to setup something special with the Sarge AI ?

Is there is any possibility to setup a timer by hand to start the event ?

Thanks.. :(

this mission system doesn't not really use sarge ai, the sarge ai variable is only there for cleanup purpose.

so to just test it out to i think you can skip the sarge variable and just use the mission one.

to change the timer open up SMGoMajor.sqf and SMGoMinor.sqf and the number after _wait = is the timer in seconds

Thanks ! But another question ^^

For this one, I already replace this line with the one of Sarge, but for the missions, they ask to put something else. Which one do we need to put ?

Step 5
Open server_cleanup.fsm

Find:
Code:

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

Replace with:
Code:

if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""Par

this is what i got

if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

now i have modified my mission system a bit for epoch. (in a dirty way, must admit that i don't got that much clue what i am doing all the time, i am just smashing the code whit a sledge hammer)

if you use my code above and then put 

_hummer setVariable ["Mission",1,true]; to setVariable ["Sarge",1,true]; 

in the various SM(1.2.3.ect).sqf files after the spawned vehicles (_hummer is a vehicle)

they should no longer despawn when players jump into them until server restart and players can sell them for extra reward.

• 1 month later...

Because it doesn't excist in epoch. In the server functions.sqf there is a other line that starts with fn_ just paste it under that line

Thank you! but what about "server_cleanup.fsm" ???

I can't find too     if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

Only i see       if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

replace:

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

With:

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

That should be it :)

doesn't work((( i done everything in guide,and when i trying to connect to server,i wait 30 sec,then i swim in debug sea