Need some help, paid if thats what it takes [linux]

Ominous

Question

Ok, 

So for the past x number of weeks i have been battling to get an overpoch server on linux running with some plugins and infistar anti hack. 

I have ended up with endless problems and i really don't have the time or energy to keep trying to get this working while doing it on my own.

I can get a standard Chernarus epoch linux server running but thats as far as it goes. when installing infistar the server will get stuck on authentication etc. with some errors that i have noted down. I have tried two different PBO file extractors and compressors and i haven't been able to get it to work. Also tested decompiling the PBO then recompiling it without changing anything but it won't work, same errors. I have a good list of plugins to install and a legit paid for version of infistar. I can provide access to the server (ubuntu 14.04). MSG me here if your interested. Cash reward for who ever can help with get this working! (paypal) 

Thanks

Ominous

5 answers to this question

I managed to get overpoch working fine, here is list of questions I have

1. Where do you get Over-watch from

2. How do you load over-watch on the server

3. When Installing do you use the tolower file?

4. What types of errors are you receiving

When posting the errors just post them through pastebin  preferably log file at a time, or just the actual errors if they are not too big 

I managed to get overpoch working fine, here is list of questions I have

1. Where do you get Over-watch from

2. How do you load over-watch on the server

3. When Installing do you use the tolower file?

4. What types of errors are you receiving

When posting the errors just post them through pastebin  preferably log file at a time, or just the actual errors if they are not too big 

Getting overwatch from the overwatch website using the torrent and torrenting it directly onto the server. 

Haven't tried getting overwatch working with it for a while since i can't even get infistar working. 

yes i use the tolower file. 

Here is an error when i have infistar installed. 

http://pastebin.com/vDBZQ4YQ

Players are stuck on authentication etc. 

Hello Ominous,

First off all i bet you've had loads of messages from people that are happy to help for the money when the problem might be dead obvious. Im happy to help FOR FREE the best i can, we're a community for christ sake, why not help one another?

Files:

To help you out ill need some basic files from the server.

1. server RPT file

2. the .bat file that loads up the server

Questions:

When you setup the server, did you first install the normal Epoch mod and then add overwatch?

Are you sure your .bat file has the correct information? Napf is the map i used to use for my server.

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "C:\Users\YOURFILEPATH\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=PORTNUMBER "-config=instance_24_Napf\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_24_Napf\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_24_Napf" -name=instance_24_Napf "-mod=@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

Are you using any loot tabels? If so are they custom or pre- made and did you just download and add them?
Did you unblock the ports in your firewall?

Try and answer all the questions as they are all necessary to fix your server.
I had the same problem when first making a OverPoch napf server, the problem with me were the loot tabels not working and some how fucking up the whole server.

Join my community's TeamSpeak if you want some 1 on 1 help ;), Let me know how things go

Regards,

Dutchy

Hello Ominous,

First off all i bet you've had loads of messages from people that are happy to help for the money when the problem might be dead obvious. Im happy to help FOR FREE the best i can, we're a community for christ sake, why not help one another?

Files:

To help you out ill need some basic files from the server.

1. server RPT file

2. the .bat file that loads up the server

Questions:

When you setup the server, did you first install the normal Epoch mod and then add overwatch?

Are you sure your .bat file has the correct information? Napf is the map i used to use for my server.

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "C:\Users\YOURFILEPATH\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=PORTNUMBER "-config=instance_24_Napf\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_24_Napf\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_24_Napf" -name=instance_24_Napf "-mod=@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

Are you using any loot tabels? If so are they custom or pre- made and did you just download and add them?
Did you unblock the ports in your firewall?

Try and answer all the questions as they are all necessary to fix your server.
I had the same problem when first making a OverPoch napf server, the problem with me were the loot tabels not working and some how fucking up the whole server.

Join my community's TeamSpeak if you want some 1 on 1 help ;), Let me know how things go

Regards,

Dutchy

Problem is i am on Linux and there isn't much support for linux. I am tempted to just ditch linux and rent a windows 2012 server license because of the pain that this has caused lol. Everything default runs fine (linux with only epoch). As soon as i decompile and recompile any of the main .pbo it throws errors and doesn't work. 

I'm always happy to do things for free, I never ask for money for help

Getting overwatch from the overwatch website using the torrent and torrenting it directly onto the server. 

Haven't tried getting overwatch working with it for a while since i can't even get infistar working. 

yes i use the tolower file. 

Here is an error when i have infistar installed. 

http://pastebin.com/vDBZQ4YQ

Players are stuck on authentication etc. 

It seems as though it doesn't find the server.pbo, Make sure you have this as your epoch.sh

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:/usr/lib32:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH;./epoch -server -mod="@overwatch;@dayz_epoch;@dayz_epoch_server;" -config="cfgdayz/server.cfg" -cfg="cfgdayz/basic.cfg" -port=2305 -beta="expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion" -noSound -noPause -world=Chernarus -profiles=cfgdayz -name=cfgdayz -cpucount=3 -exThreads=6 -showscripterrors -pid=2305.pid 2>&1 | ./writer.pl

Remember to change your pid and port

as for infiSTAR its not working because it can't find

Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found 

So if the above config works then all problems should go away :)

Problem is i am on Linux and there isn't much support for linux. I am tempted to just ditch linux and rent a windows 2012 server license because of the pain that this has caused lol. Everything default runs fine (linux with only epoch). As soon as i decompile and recompile any of the main .pbo it throws errors and doesn't work. 

There is no need to ditch linux, It works fine, its probably easier to install than windows than what I have found There is a tutorial that is 70 steps long for windows and the linux version is basically,   2 commands > upload files and start 

I always have problems with errors, its just arma, its nothing to do with the operating system, anything is easy to fix if you know what to look for 

E.g.

Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found 

Can mean 4 things

1. Corrupt PBO,  to Fix  Re Compile with another Pbo maker  "I use PBOManager" and retry

2. The file doesn't actually exist check the folder it shows  e.g "dayz_server\init

3. The Server.PBO isn't being read.   This can mean that It wasn't uploaded correctly or the 1st one > Try Reupload/Recompile the PBO

4. You mistyped the name of the -mod= abbreviation make sure its got  -mod="@dayz_epoch;@dayz_epoch_server; or problems will occur when adding a map/mod make sure its before epoch or it won't load correctly

This is another error I get alot, especially with infiSTAR and mission systems 

_outcome 	= _result select 0;
diag_log ("HIVE: WRITE>
15:00:00   Error position: <_result select 0;
diag_log ("HIVE: WRITE>
15:00:00   Error Undefined variable in expression: _result
15:00:00 File z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\compile\custom_publish_vehicle.sqf, line 77
15:00:00 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:388:86662674841332:""
15:00:00 Error in expression <mat["CHILD:388:%1:",_uid];

This basically means that "since we use linux and we don't have hive" that its trying to load the hive dll file "that doesn't exist" 

so on line 77 of that file 

You will see this 

_result  = _key call server_hiveReadWrite;
or something similar that will include 
call server_hiveReadWrite;

To fix that all you need to do is add 2 forward slashes like so  "//" *without quotes* and it should fix the problem

Like I said above, I never ask for money when helping people, and I'm usually always around to help, so you can always PM me, or ask the community there is also the github where you can add issues with linux version   :)

https://github.com/denisio/Dayz-Epoch-Linux-Server/issues

Hope this solves all your problems.