Loot does not respawn untill the looting player logs off or a second player enters the area

mikeloeven

The loot spawning appears to jam completely unless there are multiple players in the area or the last player to loot the building logs off and on again.

I have frequently observed a phenomenon where as the only survivor in the area or logged into the server all together the loot in buildings will not regenerate regardless of distance or time. Normally loot constantly generates and will re spawn if you move far enough away from the building for a long enough time supposedly the loot regeneration is linked to zombie spawning and on a 10 minute timer. However recently the respawn seems to require the looting player to log off and back on again. or for a secondary player to enter the area. this seems to indicate that something is causing loot to only spawn once per player session or a de synchronization that prevents the re spawned loot from being seen by the client.

but based on what i am seeing it seems more likely that the loot IS re spawning server side but simply not being updated on the client because of how re logging fixes it

This is indeed the case in 1051. A player can only spawn loot once until the client restarts/reconnects (cause of a bug in my opinion).

Described and fix here:

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/issues/1470

As server admin make a custom building_spawnloot.sqf and comment out / delete the lines 73&112 ("_obj setVariable ["looted",diag_tickTime + dayz_tickTimeOffset];").

BR Rob