Hardcore Server!!

Legolas_xp

This is the same story of always, people wants a Hardcore server, we like hardcore bla bla bla,, Yesterday night, there was only 9 people all the time in hardcore, and the Regular one was 50/50 and every time some disconnected another connected, people were fighting to play on that server. My suggestion is make those 2 servers normal since is the one that the majority of the people wants to play, at least at this stage of the game, later we can have hardcore and normal,,, I don't really see the point of having a hardcore server when we are supposed to be testing the game, instead we should create more space for more tester. 

Thanks you all!! 

Try a hardcore server will all the regular setting and just add FP only. Leave it running for some time. Watch it. The biggest change is FP which many people like. I get turned off by all the other things that get turned off like markers and gameplay readabilites. As long as that stays like this, I would never join a a official hardcore server. And there is nothing that I want more than playing on a FP server.

The history of hardcore server is quite long in games like DayZ. Start it slowly. Play a safe round for now. Test the limits and how changes respond to the playerbase. I said it in another thread. All these changes that came with the FP server are overambitious. Its simply not fun to look for a trader that takes 1m² on a 270km² map. That simply kills the whole random trader feature for me.

The only con for the hardcore server is the lack of trader markers.  First person only is obviously the most important feature and then no map markers.  Why should navigation be super easy?  You shouldn't even start with a map.  I don't understand why people play a mod for a sim and expect it to be arcade easy.  First person servers can succeed, I played Origins on hardcore at Billy Mays Remembrance Foundation and the server was packed, DayZ Redux was the same story.

Whats torture for one is pleasure for another. At least that is the feeling I get when I read your post. I guess its about goal every player has. Mine and the one of my squad is intense squad battles. You get the drill out of surviving and exploring if I get you right. For me, running around and looking in every building for a NPC is not reason to play that game. I just wanna get rid of the stuff I found or loot from dead bodies, if I dont need them.

Hmmmm, now I red it again and I am not sure what you mean. I dont care about waypoints, but I would like to see the trader markers since these guys move around from time to time.