How to be a dog's best friend

vetka

Well, I've been one-bite-killed like 5 times as a new spawn by dogs now.  This includes being upstairs and having a dog down below me in a building.  I tried chilling and seeing what they would do and they just kill me.  Every time I spawn, dog on my heels.  I managed to find a gun and had it for about 5-10min before a dog ran up to me in the woods and instantly killed me.

DogZ.  I'm just saying...

Well, I've been one-bite-killed like 5 times as a new spawn by dogs now.  This includes being upstairs and having a dog down below me in a building.  I tried chilling and seeing what they would do and they just kill me.  Every time I spawn, dog on my heels.  I managed to find a gun and had it for about 5-10min before a dog ran up to me in the woods and instantly killed me.

DogZ.  I'm just saying...

Gotta love how they're an issue now :D

I've done that before and no result, after server wipe this was first thing I did, wait for a dog, gun was in my back, dropped some food and drink in the floor (Canned food, don't know if this is a problem) and then the dog came closer and start biting me,, I had to killed him. After that I just have to kill all the dogies,, suck :(

But I believe than worst than dogs are snakes,, you cannot see those bitches and they will kill you and you wont noticed,, so be careful when hidden in a bush trying to snipe someone :P 

1. Find a dog

2. Hide a weapon (press H)

3. Wait a dog

3. Sit down and put off a food or a drink on the ground

4. Enjoy a new friend

works fine for me, thanks...

the first one saved me from a exploding creeper, my second dog killed me by pressing me in the side of my car while i was in the inventory (that is arma as it is)...

overall its a cool feature in this state... i think a mousemenü would be to "gaming like"... we should make gestures or something or handsymbols to manage dogs actions

its crazy how good the gamestate allready is... played 6 hours without any significant bugs or annoying things

thank you epoch team!!! :)

The food can be canned or must be some meat taken for example from a sheep or a goat ???

And the drink can be just a can ???

yes, nothing special.

sometimes it looks like you dont even need to drop food or something... i don't know exactly

Its not clear to me anyways, do you get some form of notification once you have tamed a dog? I had 3 dogs following me around, but I had no options to interact with them. I started shooting at a Sapper and all 3 ate my face... its kinda confusing. Also the fact the attack animations have no sound its quite easy to miss when they are attacking. I suggest maybe giving them aggressive growls.

Its not clear to me anyways, do you get some form of notification once you have tamed a dog? I had 3 dogs following me around, but I had no options to interact with them. I started shooting at a Sapper and all 3 ate my face... its kinda confusing. Also the fact the attack animations have no sound its quite easy to miss when they are attacking. I suggest maybe giving them aggressive growls.

no interaction implemented at this moment

Well, after trying with cans of meat and some orange juices, without weapons in my hands and sitting there... I continue with some troubles with dogs... Just kill me every time. Anyone have the correct way to do it ? Or perhaps it's a problems of myselfs with dogs, and EPOCH must introduce some cats ? LOL

I've done that before and no result, after server wipe this was first thing I did, wait for a dog, gun was in my back, dropped some food and drink in the floor (Canned food, don't know if this is a problem) and then the dog came closer and start biting me,, I had to killed him. After that I just have to kill all the dogies,, suck :(

But I believe than worst than dogs are snakes,, you cannot see those bitches and they will kill you and you wont noticed,, so be careful when hidden in a bush trying to snipe someone :P

If you tame a dog, it will take care of the snakes :)