Grim Reaper flame thrower dude

moosed

Only problem I saw with the cultist is he makes no noise and shoots through walls.

The cultist was outside of the church; I was inside. I didn't even notice the cultist until a fireball came through the wall and hit me.

I had one medkit so I was able to heal. I just don't think the fireballs should go through walls. I am on the fence about it making noise.

I think the cultists silence adds to its creepiness.

Is it true the monks/cultists are responsible for the sappers?

I'm lead to believe the sappers are captured people that have had their arms amputated, mouths sawn shut and a bomb placed in their abdomen.

The bomb detonates when the sappers' adrenaline levels increase, so when you think about it, the sappers are actually running to you for help. Quite cruel really; they see you, get excited that they are finally going to be freed, then explode, lol. 

I would love to know if this is true also. any dev can confirm this? its an awesome idea. maybe in the future, there could be a way to safely "defuse" them? :-)

reading through this thread, it seems that this has become a magic or science debate. 

Will there be other NPC's with Magic Attacks? or will it be only the Cultists with their red mist?

If there will be many different NPC's with different Magical attacks,  I am cool with that, but you'd better make sure that players can some how learn and use the magical attacks also.

If the intention was to only have the Cultists with this magical attack, I would remove the red mist also unless you can give them a scientific reason for it as some suggested above, flame thrower or spray gun, wave of halitosis or something of that description.