Show me the LOOT

moosed

I played for about 2 hours and didn't come across a single bit of loot anywhere on the map, literally nothing. im still running around in white vest and pants with no back pack, no gun, nothing... the same as i was when i spawned in.

So i joined another server, went to pygos and charkia, every single building empty. so i got to pygos military base, what do you know... every single building empty.

So i join another server, go to pygos and charkia again, again every single building empty apart from 1 which had a random couch in the middle of it with nothing in it.

I know its alpha or whatever but at the moment i may as well just chuck myself in the editor and walk about doing nothing, same gameplay experience.

Not just couches.. but yeah loot spawns inside of certain objects and you have to search through them... these can be "containers" like Fridges/Ovens/Sofas/Cupboards etc.. but you can also use the search button (Default T) on things like bins/trashpiles/crates to search them (each one has its own animation so you know if you're doing it right..) Just remember that the latter makes your "Soiled" go up which attracts antagonists.

Not just couches.. but yeah loot spawns inside of certain objects and you have to search through them... these can be "containers" like Fridges/Ovens/Sofas/Cupboards etc.. but you can also use the search button (Default T) on things like bins/trashpiles/crates to search them (each one has its own animation so you know if you're doing it right..) Just remember that the latter makes your "Soiled" go up which attracts antagonists.

Good to know.

I did find 4 guns and ammo in a little chapel, they spawned in what looked like a gun case.  Like thisim3220_high.jpg

Difficult to explain but I'll try anyway (all numbers are for the purpose of example):

The main reason why loot is inside a container is because it allows for more loot to be on the server as a whole. A server has to render only one item (eg a couch) and data about it (until player interacts with it)

If you find 3 items in that couch it means server just tripled its efficiency (at least on that front) and allowed for a triple amount of items to be stored on the server. It only uses the extra resources if it has to, whereas eg in A2 Dayz Epoch all 15 items you found in a Store, all laying on the floor, were each stored in the database individually, replacing that with lets say 3 objects, a shelve, fridge and a box... makes it easier for the server to handle.