dayz epoch side missions help

Mr Madness

Question

ive installed this -

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dayzchernarus-mission-system.12169/

now i dont get any errors when joining the server but the missions dosnt come up , any one able to help?

when there is something like this =

fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time

ive changed it to

fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\vilayercodecustom\missions\epoch.chernarus\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time

im not sure what else im doing wrong

any help would be grateful thanks

22 answers to this question

did you place the missions folder that you get from http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dayzchernarus-mission-system.12169/ in > vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch ?

fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\vilayercodecustom\missions\epoch.chernarus\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time

this says your fnc_hTime.sqf is located in the root of your mission folder, but you have to paste the new missions folder in > vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch

and change fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\vilayercodecustom\missions\epoch.chernarus\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time

too

fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time

hope this works for you

yes i did , the path should be correct to my missions folder that i added.

you say change

fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\vilayercodecustom\missions\epoch.chernarus\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"

to

fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"

but the Missions folder that came with the side missions is located under

vilayercodecustom/missions/epoch.chernarus/Missions/Misc

so i dont know why this isnt working

the file that you downloaded from opendayz is another missions file right?

step 2
in your server.pbo which is (for vilayer) /vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\

copy the missions folder to the root of the server.pbo

so the place where you have to paste, the new missions folder from opendayz, is:

vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\

i have this mod aswell and it's running for me.

ohh and you have to add this line to the server_functions.sqf

fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"; //Random integer selector for mission wait time

so not, what i told you, ---> fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf"

sorry for that :p

what about if you are using dayz st ?

with the server pbo and in my server_functions.sqf i don't have 

or

fn_bases = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf"; 

what am i not understanding here ? has it all been removed in 1.0.2.5

what about if you are using dayz st ?

with the server pbo and in my server_functions.sqf i don't have 

or

fn_bases = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf"; 

what am i not understanding here ? has it all been removed in 1.0.2.5

Find this in your server_functions.sqf

fnc_plyrHit   = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fnc_plyrHit.sqf";

then add this under it:

That should work.

I'm attempting to get this mod up and running myself.
Everything seems to be in order, DZAI is running fine. I get the messages for crashes and bandit raids.
Only I don't get any map markers showing where these events are happening.

I've been through all of the mentioned steps and i'm finally jammed up LoL

Any help would be hot

:wub:

I'm attempting to get this mod up and running myself.

Everything seems to be in order, DZAI is running fine. I get the messages for crashes and bandit raids.

Only I don't get any map markers showing where these events are happening.

I've been through all of the mentioned steps and i'm finally jammed up LoL

Any help would be hot

:wub:

did you add the debug folder in your mission and added the lines in your init.sqf?

I was able to get it sorted. My mission.pbo wasn't where I expected it to be. Works now !.

Thanks for the response :D

Anyone have a direction to some custom made missions I can throw at my residents until I can wrap my noggin around making my own ?