Vehicle retexture question

davetd

Hey, I have a question that I wanted to see if someone could answer. If I change the appearance of a vehicle in my wheeled.pbo file (the paa file) on the server will people on my server be able to see the difference? Which paa file do they use, the one in their client files or the one on the server? I am trying to change some vehicles but I don't want a crap ton of paa files in my mission file making it huge so I just wanted to try to

change the files in the pbo file.

Thanks

Well, if I have to use the mission file how do you a vehicle that has more than one paa file for the the skin? I already have some skins working but I just put in my init file if (this vehicle) then use (this skin) or something similiar. Im just not sure how you would do a chinook or the cop car, both of which use at least 2 paa files.

I have not tried this myself but according to BI ( https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectTexture ), for setting textures you would use:

object setObjectTexture [selectionNumber,texture]

The example given is:
_objectname setObjectTexture [0, "\pboname\texture.paa"]; 
_objectname setObjectTexture [1, "\pboname\texture2.paa"];

So I assume you would probably have something like:

if (_class == "SUV_Blue") then
{
 _object setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [0, ""textures\suv_blue_texture1.paa""]";
 _object setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [1, ""textures\suv_blue_texture2.paa""]" 
};

I could be wrong though.

Hi,

I have some custom-skins running on my server. The code for the C130  looks like this (Body and Wing:

if (_object isKindOf "C130J_US_EP1") then {    
_object setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [0, ""custom\textures\c130_body.paa""]; this setObjectTexture [1, ""custom\textures\c130_wings.paa""]";