Custom Loot Tables

Powell

Question

So I been trying to make my own custom loot tables and cant seem to find the answers I need.  Does everything in BuidlingLoot, Loot, smallloot have to equal 1? Is there a limit to items I can add? Also does the default cfg loot tables come with all lootable building for all maps?

15 answers to this question

Does everything in BuidlingLoot, Loot, smallloot have to equal 1?

No - number is a % chance where 0 = no chance and 1 = 100%

Is there a limit to items I can add?

Judging from the Overwatch items in the custom loot tables I use, I highly doubt it.

Also does the default cfg loot tables come with all lootable building for all maps?

I don't think it does, but if you are missing them, and know the building class-name, you should be able to add it with some trial and error.

I didnt do anything wrong... I took your loot tables and made everything have a spawn rate or 0.2 and it broke.

On all lines that you edited, make sure you have the proper format.. did you miss a comma, did you miss a quote mark, did you miss a "}" ? 

Usually, when things break after an edit it is because someone missed something in the files. 

The files as they are works.  

Hello. Sorry to dig up old topic but i have question:
What can be seen in loot tables is that, in many places overal chances of spawning do not exceed 1, for example:

trash[] = {
{"TrashTinCan",0.5},
{"TrashJackDaniels",0.05},
{"ItemSodaEmpty",0.25},
{"ItemTrashToiletpaper",0.1},
{"ItemTrashRazor",0.1}
};
Is it confirmed that exceeding 100% chcances of spawning doesnt result in some unforseen consequences? As i have checked  it cant be the matter of luck that in so many places sum of chances is equal to 1.  What will happen if i put 1 in every item? eg: 
{"TrashTinCan",1},
{"TrashJackDaniels",1},
{"ItemSodaEmpty",1},
which one will spawn? as they all have 100% chances of spawning.  Ofc, it can be calculated (100/(sum) ) * value = chances for spawn - is it done that way?

I'm pretty sure that if you put 1 for everyhing, they will all have the same chance of spawning, the 1 is the chance. But for example, if you do 

{"TrashTinCan",0.25},

{"TrashJackDaniels",0.25},

{"ItemSodaEmpty",1},

then "ItemSodaEmpty" will definetly spawn. The thing that matters is just the amount. ("lootChance= ;")