[DayZ.st HELP] Adding Buildings

Franzoart

Question

Hello guys, i just follow the wiki DayZ.st guide to add buildings, but it dont works... 

DayZ.st Wiki say:

Video Guide to adding custom buildings

3D editing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_51730&feature=iv&src_vid=NNQ-mfTJECc&v=sm-PjD6CNZ4

Convert your editor data into database info once you have the beidi file.

http://dayz.wofjwof.com/map.php

• Note: make sure you DO NOT include the _ext from the end your database login in the database name for this script.

Now... i did all the things that guy do in the video tutorial, i followed him step by step and i also created this:

To add database buildings if your map does not natively support them

Some maps/mods have decided to use their own database schema and have not included the building tables used above in their code. Some examples of this are Epoch and Overwatch. Follow the steps below to add this capability to your database. If this does not work for you or you have trouble with the steps, use the instructions above for adding directly to the PBO.

You will need the following SQL files:

Building.sql [[1]]

Instance_Building.sql [[2]]

1. open one of the .sql files and look for this line (you will have to perform this step on both files)

-- Database: `bliss_XXXX`

Once you have located the line, change the XXXX to your bliss # (the numeric part of your database login- example: bliss_999_ext = 999 ) and then save the file.

2. Click the 'Edit Database' link on your control panel, once there select your database(bliss_XXX) and then hit the "import" button. A new screen will appear, hit "Choose File" and upload the "building.sql" file you had downloaded before. Once it is loaded up, hit the go button and you should receive green (positive) results.

• Once both .sql files are inserted in the database , you should have 2 new tables - "building" and "instance_building" *

3. Download the default Server PBO from your control panel (advanced settings), and unpack with a PBO tool. (http://dayz.st/w/PBO_Editors)

4. Once unpacked, go to the "system" folder and then to "server_monitor.sqf" open that file with a text editor (highly recommend http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ for syntax coloring).

5. At the very bottom of the "server_monitor.sqf" add this chunk of code:

// Spawn Buildings
//Send the key
_key = format["CHILD:999:select b.class_name, ib.worldspace from instance_building ib join building b on ib.building_id = b.id where ib.instance_id = ?:[%1]:", dayZ_instance];
_data = "HiveEXT" callExtension _key;
diag_log("SERVER: Fetching buildings...");

//Process result
_result = call compile format ["%1", _data];
_status = _result select 0;

_bldList = [];
_bldCount = 0;
if (_status == "CustomStreamStart") then {
_val = _result select 1;
for "_i" from 1 to _val do {
_data = "HiveEXT" callExtension _key;
_result = call compile format ["%1",_data];

_pos = call compile (_result select 1);
_dir = _pos select 0;
_pos = _pos select 1;

_building = createVehicle [_result select 0, _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_building setDir _dir;
_bldCount = _bldCount + 1;
};
diag_log ("SERVER: Spawned " + str(_bldCount) + " buildings!");
};

6. Repack and upload the Server PBO and add your custom buildings using the main instructions at the beginning of this page.

And then... i did all this things, but when i upload back the server.PBO, there isnt the barracks i spawned in the editor... 

Is it normal that after all this i dont have to touch the mission.PBO? Am i missing something?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet