Need help installing scripts on Vilayer server

hamburgIar

Question

Hello,

I just got a server at Vilayer this week and it is running OverPoch and the map Lingor.

The support at Vilayer is fine, but they are ofc not helping in script related issues, so I'm hoping that someone here is willing to give me a few pointers.

So far I have managed to install:

Costum loadout

WAI

AutoRefuel

SARGE AI

I would like to install the selfbloodbag script aswell, but I am having problems locating the fn_selfActions.sqf.

From what I can tell they have all the server and mission PBO's decompiled in the vilayercodecustom folder. But I cant find the file there nor in any of the other directories I have looked.

I also want to minimize the number of zombies, so in the vilayercodecostum\missions\overpoch.lingor\init.sqf I have changed the dayz_maxLocalZombiez to 1, but I can not find the dayz_maxGlobalzombiesIncrease or dayz_maxZeds. In what file are they located ?

Furthermore I would like to install scripts for Tow and Lift plus make the traderzones safe.

I am a very slow learner, and this is all new to me, but I have spent many hours trying to work this out, but atm I am kinda stuck trying to located the files.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

hamburgIar

3 answers to this question

Install a pbo manager. Go into YOUR arma 2 directory where @Dayz_Epoch is installed. Click that folder and go in to addons and look for dayz_code.pbo. Copy it to your desktop and unpack it. In on of those folders (cant remember which) You will find fn_selfActions.sqf.

For Vilayer, you have all the files you need unpacked that you need to work with: mission file and dayz_server. 

They are both located in the vilayercodecustom folder as such: 

Server PBO = /Vilayercodecustom/dayz_epoch/

Mission PBO = /Vilayercodecustom/missions/epoch.lingor/

Server will rebuild the server and mission pbo every restart, if you have any changes in those folders. 

For files you need to take from dayz_code (like compiles, variables, fn_selfaction, local_lockunlock, etc), you do best in locating this directly from _YOUR_ Arma 2 install folder on your computer...  

usually found in steam/steamapps/common/Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/@Dayz_Epoch/  (or similar path) .