Having a few probs setting up Epoch Server on dedi box - help appreciated!

garyr

Question

Hey guys,

Myself and a few friends have purchased a dedibox but are having a few problems getting it running:

There is a previous post by another guy here: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1163-server-setup-problems/

which details the exact same problems we are having, unfortunately they dont mention the fix - hence the post :)

I believe everything is setup - SQL database etc but for some reason the server does now show up in commander - its just blacked out and you cant see any info - like it doesnt exist.

When you try to connect, the console on the dedi sees you trying to connect but the player gets the error: "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_epoch, glt_m300t, sigisolda, suv_col, map_eu, jetskiyanahuiaddon"

We are lost!

Any help would be appreciated... if you help fix it and join the server... you can have a free tin can!

Cheers in advance,

4 answers to this question

Update!

Got most of it done correctly - it appears the above was due to me not merging the Arma and AO folders (used steam)

I can now see the server in commander but it gets stuck on "waiting for Authentication"

The server console says that it is unable to connect to the MySQL database bla bla - retrying in 1 sec.

MySQL database username was left as "root", port 3306 etc

hive.ini or whatever is was called has been setup correctly with all the passwords etc but I think I am probably missing something really obvious....!

Have you got anything in hiveExt.log ? Definitely looks like the hive is unable to connect to your mySQL.

You can change the log levels by adding / editing this:

[Logger]
;Possible values: trace, debug, information, notice, warning, error, critical, fatal, none
;They are sorted by importance (low to high), with trace being the most verbose, and none would turn off logging
;This controls both the file output level, and the console output level
Level = error

;Uncomment this option to override the logging level for the console only
;The specified level can only be higher than the global one, setting lower values will have no effect
;So for example, if you want to have information-level logs in your file, but only warning-level and higher in your console
;You would uncomment this option and set it to warning
;Leaving it commented out means there's no special level for the console, so it will just use the global one
ConsoleLevel = trace

;By default, the HiveExt console log output will go to the Arma2 server window, with colour highlighing by importance
;If you want to use the old style, separate windows console window for the HiveExt log output, set this option to true
SeparateConsole = false

to the bottom of hiveExt.ini.

Do you have the database setup, in mySQL, and are all of the table present ?