Disappearing craftables Epoch

Donzap

Hi, ppl, I'm having a bit of a problem with some craftables in my server.

Some players have vanishing cinder walls, and wood crates, between others.

This has happen after a manual server restart, cinder block walls and some stuff is gone, and some vehicles back to a past location.

My server is hosted at Nitrado with Arma 125548 and Epoch 1.0.5.1

I have some scripts running but I haven't tried to turn them off, just in case is an known problem so I can go for the solution without having to try and bother my players.

Some things I have tried:

That craftables (cinder block walls) have been built some days ago, not the same day it disappeared, so I check CleanupPlacedAfterDays variable and change to 30, but happen again a few days later, so I change it to -1 to test it. But A few days later it happens again. I have built some cinder walls in their bases and in another one for me, and my walls are still not disappearing, they have tried to remove plot and plant it again but same vanishing error.

I give a donation box to a player who had the problem, so I thought it was an error about using admin boxes, but yesterday a guy who didn't use admin box had the same disappearing problem in his base.

I have had some problems with battleye automated restarts due to version change, but now its working again (I don't know if its related or not). And had a look on nitrado servers but almost everything there is in german :S

Any idea? What can I try?

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this line bellow. Do we need to delete all the lines or disable it and if so then how is it dun? Do I set it to 0 or there is something else? I'm new at this stuff so a help would be good.

-- ----------------------------
-- Event structure for setDamageOnAge
-- ----------------------------
DROP EVENT IF EXISTS `setDamageOnAge`;
DELIMITER ;;
CREATE EVENT `setDamageOnAge` ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 DAY COMMENT 'This sets damage on a wall so that it can be maintained' DO UPDATE `Object_DATA` SET `Damage`=0.1 WHERE `ObjectUID` <> 0 AND `CharacterID` <> 0 AND `Datestamp` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 3 DAY) AND ( (`Inventory` IS NULL) OR (`Inventory` = '[]') )
;;
DELIMITER ;

There are 3 events, 1 sets damage over time, the other 2 clean up old objects. If you disable maintenance (the setdamageonage event) as well as setting the cleanup objects to -1 or 999, You will still find bases disappearing unless they interact with their base objects. 

The easiest solution that I am aware of is to keep the events but make maintenance free, that way the objects get interacted with and do not get picked up by the cleanup scripts. Your server also doesnt get full of useless junk.

There are guides on how to do that on the forums but if you cannot find them let me know

Thank you aVa Savagerx on your reply, your tips helped me. I found some pages that managed to fix my server's issues. I set a damage option to 30 days and placed a free maintenance option, the interaction goes through the plot pole. The only annoying thing remained is to put back every erased wall in to the script because the backup file refuse to do it, it just erases the walls etc so I go one by one and enter the lines for each wall, stairs, floor... It's a pain but the most important thing is that at least it wont disappear anymore that easily. Not sure why is the script so messed up now a year ago it was easy to use and had no issues at least that's what my friends told me. For me personally this is the first time I host a epoch server and I am learning these things day by day. Never had problems with other servers only with epoch. I do understand why these options exist but still on my server there isn't much player and they are my friends, by that we build things to last, we don't need these clean up options. If I would have some random people building things without my knowledge then it would be a different story. Use to play like that a year ago with no clean ups on a friend's server so it would be great that it works now as it use to be.

Btw sorry for my english, it isn't that great but I hope you guys understand what I am saying.

Thanks again, cheers.

Glad I could help man,

If your server is just you and your friends then its not an issue but when you have a large player base all building several bases you will find object clutter becomes a real issue and manually cleaning it up is a pain. There are other SQL scripts out there written to remove some objects and ignore others etc etc but I do believe that the maintenance method using free plot pole maintenance is probably the best way currently available though.

Either way at least you reached a workable solution

• 2 weeks later...

There are 3 events, 1 sets damage over time, the other 2 clean up old objects. If you disable maintenance (the setdamageonage event) as well as setting the cleanup objects to -1 or 999, You will still find bases disappearing unless they interact with their base objects. 

The easiest solution that I am aware of is to keep the events but make maintenance free, that way the objects get interacted with and do not get picked up by the cleanup scripts. Your server also doesnt get full of useless junk.

There are guides on how to do that on the forums but if you cannot find them let me know

So, a clean up is made every 24 days? Or when you build something after 24 days of build that?

I'm asking that because a lot of bases of my server disappeared, but not all of them. If is each 24 days... that might be my problem.

I also saw that doors/garage doors have not disappeared, maybe because you interact with them when you open and shut them?

It sounds plausible for me, what do you think?