Vilayer Overpoch help

sirblockwood

Question

22 answers to this question

vilayer is a live PBO. everything is live extracted and it re PBOs and runs your stuff for you every startup. you dont really need to upload much.

goto addon panel

install a database

install epoch

go to main cpanel

epoch manager

run the script to Download Overwatch files

goto startup script add to end "@DayZOverwatch" or whatever the Overwatch addon directory name is as it appears in your file manager

follow the video, isntead of downloading PBO unpacking editing and repacking, with vilayer you just access your vilayercodecustom/dayz_epoch or vilayercodecustom/missions/ and whatever directory corresponds to the map your running for me its epoch.napf

watch the vid and explore your file manager some and it will start to make sense.

only thing you need to upload is your loot files for custom loot which is explain in one of those vids.

also theres a different thread for adding the loot to trader. you will need heidisql or navicat or a similar program for that.

Okay for the start up scripts i see something that says startup settings and when i click it it goves me a drop down menu with these options Mod priority 

End of list (default) 

Start of list

Then an empty box that says next to it Add Mods..

is that where i put @DayZOverwatch

Sorry i am a complete newb when it comes to this stuff...when i install epoch and the overwatch files does it have the coin system already enabled and can you buy vehicles and other items? or do i have to do the custom loot thing cause i have played on a couple of overpoch servers where they had hundreds of guns and used a coin currency and could build bases buy cars trucks do missions and buy helicopters...This is my first time owning a dayz server before and am total newblit! 

you will have to add the custom loot tables to get the overwatch gear to spawn in the loot in buildings etc. you will have to go into the db with the sql programs i mentioned above and edit the db the add the guns to traders so you can buy them.

as for the coin system i believe that requires editing of a ton of the epoch structure itself and is very very very intensive. i have look around for a easy way to do it and i havent found one yet. if someone knows though please let us know

BACKUP your DB first!

with heidi sql login,in the main window  click epoch>click traders_data> no click the data tab on the top of the inner main window

you should get a huge list of all the items in the DB for traders with buy sell prices etc

now click the query tab

here you can paste a string and it will insert an item. of you can paste a whole block of strings.

here ill give you this, not all the guns are in there right sections, it puts them in the Lenzburg weapons trader, and the ammo in the Lenzburg ammo traders some things are not in the right sections i got lazy when messing wit this

http://pastebin.com/CGxKA4BR

paste all that into a notepad++ and save it. no for instance say you wanna had the block of strings from that file to add the smgs

in the query box for traders_data you paste in

INSERT INTO `epoch`.`traders_data` (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["vil_uzi",3]', 250, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', 604, 'trade_weapons');
INSERT INTO `epoch`.`traders_data` (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["vil_uzi_SD",3]', 250, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', 604, 'trade_weapons');
INSERT INTO `epoch`.`traders_data` (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["vil_uzi_c",3]', 250, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', 604, 'trade_weapons');
INSERT INTO `epoch`.`traders_data` (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["vil_uzimini",3]', 250, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', 604, 'trade_weapons');
INSERT INTO `epoch`.`traders_data` (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["vil_uzimini_SD",3]', 250, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', 604, 'trade_weapons');
INSERT INTO `epoch`.`traders_data` (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["vil_Vikhr",3]', 250, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', 604, 'trade_weapons');
INSERT INTO `epoch`.`traders_data` (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["vil_MP5SD_EOTech",3]', 250, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', 604, 'trade_weapons');
INSERT INTO `epoch`.`traders_data` (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["vil_MP5_EOTech",3]', 250, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', 604, 'trade_weapons');
INSERT INTO `epoch`.`traders_data` (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["vil_MPi",3]', 250, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', 604, 'trade_weapons');

scroll up and down make sure no unwanted characters or anything made it in. if it looks good then on the toolbar theres a blue "Play" icon, the same icon on the query tab, when you mousehover over it sound say "execute sql" click this

it will install all the items listed in the string block.  no erase that bunch of code and you can paste in another block and add that if you get a message that there was a duplicate entry and it stops the execution. then just go to the top of the code and scroll down until you find the item and delete that line and every line above it, and click execute again

this will add them and you can go back and fix my errors of organization by accessing the traders_data and manually going thru
also all the prices are just placeholder prices

remember to backup the DB before you do anything, if the DB gets f-ed up just a little can cause your server to not load up players or break the traders menus.

the assault rifle section is huge cause i got lazy looking up stuff to see if it was and wasnt this or that kind of gun. so you may wanna break it up into a few blocks when adding it in, cause sometimes vilayer can time out due to buffer overflows.

So people know this is what i want my server to be like..on the CCG launcher they have single currency |gold coins| |banks| base building..buying different weapons and vehicles like suv's helicopters airplanes..and they have lots of weapons..and trader cities..if anyone can help me through this i would be great full from here to kingdom come.. i can give my skype to someone and they can either chat or voice chat and walk me through the steps...i am a total newb and never have done anything like this before!