Kicked for public variable #0

SSG

Question

12 answers to this question

- What host are you using? 

- What version of Epoch are you running? 

- What Beta Patch are you running  (1,62.103718 or 1.62.112555 or higher) 

- Are you having AH running on the server? (if so, is it up-to-date?)

Your answer will be in the publicvariable.log, as to what line is triggering the filter and what it is that triggers it. 

f you are on Vilayer and you deleted the text files in any other location but your /masterconfig/ folder, then you still have them running. 

- What host are you using? 

- What version of Epoch are you running? 

- What Beta Patch are you running  (1,62.103718 or 1.62.112555 or higher) 

- Are you having AH running on the server? (if so, is it up-to-date?)

Your answer will be in the publicvariable.log, as to what line is triggering the filter and what it is that triggers it. 

f you are on Vilayer and you deleted the text files in any other location but your /masterconfig/ folder, then you still have them running. 

Vilayer

yes and its in but not until restart

I deleted them in the masterconfig/battleye

If you dont have any BE filters anymore, then you should not experience that kick (obvious, I know).

Any BE filters you had when server restarted will still be in effect - only after restart and rebuild of the mission/server files will it change.  

Is this something happening in this restart cycle only? 

If it is happening to multiple players, maybe a quick out-of-sequence restarts is in order? 

the files for battleye have been gone for a while but only my admin gets kicked and i cant even start my arma because every time i start it it goes to waiting for host on every server and i cant shut it off with alt f4 and task manager i have to restart my comp

If you dont have any BE filters anymore, then you should not experience that kick (obvious, I know).

Any BE filters you had when server restarted will still be in effect - only after restart and rebuild of the mission/server files will it change.  

If it is happening to multiple players, maybe a quick out-of-sequence restarts is in order? 

just so you know i replied

And now my players are starting to me kicked to

public variable #0 <- that is a battleye kick

Unfortunately I don't have a clue what it's like to rent a server from a host.  So I doubt I can be much help.. but.. it's clearly BattlEye kicking you.  The full message should even say: Kicked by BattlEye: Public Variable Restriction #0

Well I read that BattlEye wont protect 103718 after tomorrow that problem might solve itself.  Maybe I'm being overly optimistic.

I would suggest trying to locate a BattlEye folder.  If you can look at the .bat launch parameters it might say -BEpath=c:\masterconfig\battleye or it might point you in another direction.

If you have access to your config.cfg you could put BattlEye=0;

And just a heads up theres a couple decent videos on youtube about how to update battleye filters once you locate the files.

Or maybe the best option:  ask your host for the new updated epoch files and maybe you will get an all new battleye that works.   Probably being overly optimistic.

And you have nothing in your server or client RPT logs? 

Hey, I am having this same issue, and i have checked the publicvariable.log , and i do not see an error. whenever i join it says, "Public Variable Restriction #0"

It happened after my scripter went to turn off overburdened, and the battle eye kick for missiles (the AH1Z Air to Ground missiles... ETC), and after the server went back up it started kicking people with the "Public Variable Restriction #0" message, and then he shortly after got offline, not fixing it.

If you could help that would be awesome man :)