Any scripting tutorials?

jesusthekiller

Question

4 answers to this question

Personally I started with just adding scripts to server to my own custom directory (which pretty much forced me to look into every script and how paths works) after following installation tutorials. Now it's all about diving into Epoch code (which is open source btw), looking at how they do things, try to replicate and add/remove functionality by researching and googling a lot. BI wiki, armaholic, opendayz and epoch forums are great source for code references and examples. The rest of it is up to time spent learning, logic and common sense.

You won't find a silver spoon, if that's what you are after. Most of real programmers/scripters here come with some programming background, which makes it much easier to transition. Arma SQF is definitely not the best way to learn coding as a first language.

Now it's all about diving into Epoch code (which is open source btw)

Didn't knew that, awesome!

Most of real programmers/scripters here come with some programming background, which makes it much easier to transition. 

I have some background, don't worry ;)

Arma SQF is definitely not the best way to learn coding as a first language.

I've just looked up syntax, isn't that bad. Lua, but with more semicolons and less tables

KK´s blog for small and compact but good tutorials.. then i would recommend reading the entire fucking wiki on Arma scripting and reading as much code as you possibly can :P

They should be helpful, thanks!

Thanks a lot guys, hopefully I'll be able to write something simple soon :)