scripting help please.

SASR Ryan

Question

hello, i have been trying to bring my own server up so i can build / test buildings for my friends server. 

Everytime i try and install infistar it screws my server. I have tried contact infistar and multiple friends, but i have been unable to resolve my issue.

I am receiving these error messages in my RPT log. 

18:28:28 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon
18:28:28 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl
18:28:31 "DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[<No group>:0 (FunctionsManager)],any]"
18:28:31 "DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
18:28:32 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found
18:28:32 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dynamic_vehicle.sqf not found
18:28:32 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\mission.sqf not found
18:28:32 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
18:28:32 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf not found
18:28:32 Wrong text element 'null'
18:28:32 Wrong text element 'null'

" wrong test element 'null' " keeps on repeating it self. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. please e-mail me on [email protected] or reply to this post.

Thank you in advance!

**** EDIT ****

I can launch and play my server just fine before i attempt to install infistar, but as soon as i try it screws it!

19 answers to this question

if you're using your own rig for the server then you dont need filezilla

filezilla is used to upload things onto many servers (those that use filezilla) that are hosted by a company there are other ftp's to use this one just rocks

For you since it sounds like you are just hosting on your computer to test out new scripts, your files will be wherever you downloaded you server to so you will not need filezilla

This does seem to be a packing issue, the way to unpack and pack is fairly simple.

First off you'll need to download PBO manager http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369. Depending on where you learned to start up your own server you may have already downloaded this tool. If you have skip this step, if not

then proceed to the website and at the very bottom there's going to be a big "DOWNLOAD" or "Download Now!" button, do not hit it, it is just an ad. below that it will say download from FTP 1 or 2 pick either as they are the same.

when you're done downloading and installing your PBO Manager then you must go to the folder you downloaded your server into.

For me the folder is called Dayz Epoch Server, so i will be using that in the example.

go to your Server PBO      Desktop---->Dayz Epoch Server---->@DayZ_Epoch_Server---->Addons

in this folder you will see a file called dayz_server, this is known as your Server pbo, whenever someone refers to server, its generally directed to this folder

once you've reached this folder, if you have installed PBO manager correctly, right click on dayz_server and hover over PBO manager and click Extract to dayz_server/

Change what you need to change, then go back to your addons folder, rename your dayz_server.pbo to something else, use this in case you mess up and need a fresh server folder, or save your backup for your server.pbo in it

Right click on the FOLDER "dayz_server" and click create PBO

delete the folder and you're all done! Hope this helps some

in the install text file it as well as in your video it says 

IF YOUR MISSIONFILE INIT.SQF HAS THOSE LINES
dayz_antihack = 0; // DayZ Antihack / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled
dayz_REsec = 0; // DayZ RE Security / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled
HAVE THEM BOTH 0 LIKE ME.

but i do not have those??

also when i go to my MPmissions, i do not have any .pbo's??? i only have folders????

Since you're running on your rig you wont have the pbo for missions, not a bad thing though, less to deal with. However when packing it into a PBO it does make it a smaller file. To pack as a PBO just do what was explained in my previous post on the folder DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus, right click it and create a pbo.

I have not used infinistar but was this part of the install directions?

Lol, my question is, was this copied directly from the instructions?

If it was then look at the first line, if it has these line then you edit it, if not then you're fine.

I just made it clear for this guy

in the install text file it as well as in your video it says 

but i do not have those??

also when i go to my MPmissions, i do not have any .pbo's??? i only have folders????

I never said it was for you....

I only see 1 comment and i just made clear that

Is used in DayZ Overwatch...

anyways i've seen some threads now and i think i know what kind of person you are...