Couple of questions..

Stoney

Question

A- Why are some DayZ Epoch buildables shifting/deleting after restart?

B- I have put DZE_requireplot = 0; in my config (something like that) would this break anything?

C- What is the most favoured lift/tow script for epoch?

D- Can I add vehicles etc to traders by simply adding them into the database via navicat?

E- How would I go about adding totally new traders to the map?

Any help on the above would be muchly appreciated thank you.

7 answers to this question

A] Could be caused by several issues: 1. Destroyed 2. Not maintained 3. MySQL fault.

B] Depends on where you've put it, make sure u have it in the //DayZ Epoch Configuration

C] I prefer R3F

D] Not sure, never used NaviCat. Tutorial for adding them using PhPMyAdmin:  http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8487-tutorial-how-to-add-itemsvehiclesweapons-to-traders/

E] https://docs.google.com/document/d/17qGy-LI4WVudJQb1vRCZobTgTEFgZwoJybEA9oUiZuQ/edit - Tutorial for it ;)

A] Could be caused by several issues: 1. Destroyed 2. Not maintained 3. MySQL fault.

B] Depends on where you've put it, make sure u have it in the //DayZ Epoch Configuration

C] I prefer R3F

D] Not sure, never used NaviCat. Tutorial for adding them using PhPMyAdmin:  http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8487-tutorial-how-to-add-itemsvehiclesweapons-to-traders/

E] https://docs.google.com/document/d/17qGy-LI4WVudJQb1vRCZobTgTEFgZwoJybEA9oUiZuQ/edit - Tutorial for it ;)

Thank you very much for the detailed response there Darihon I Expected a question to be answered once in a while haha! Rapid! When you say "Maintained" do people just need to click that and it won't delete/shift?

Also can I prevent the plot pole from being reset when the owner dies? A player on my server died and was unable to build in his area as it required another plot pole.

If an object is damaged or/and decay is activated (hive.ext), then you'll need to maintain it, this can by using a (30m) plot pole or/and scroll over an object and select the option "Maintain *NAME OF OBJECT".

About the plot pole, yes. There is a tutorial somewhere on the forums. Link: 

If an object is damaged or/and decay is activated (hive.ext), then you'll need to maintain it, this can by using a (30m) plot pole or/and scroll over an object and select the option "Maintain *NAME OF OBJECT".

About the plot pole, yes. There is a tutorial somewhere on the forums. Link: 

Once again thank you for your detailed reply again pal. One last question I have is that after restart players have been saying there buildables are shifting. Surely this isn't down to maintaining or decay? A player built a wall on top of a wall and after restart it was just inside the wall beneath it.

Once again thank you for your detailed reply again pal. One last question I have is that after restart players have been saying there buildables are shifting. Surely this isn't down to maintaining or decay? A player built a wall on top of a wall and after restart it was just inside the wall beneath it.

It has to do with how the editor saves the coordinates. In my experience, when people place something down, the database gets told that the object is down and at what precise coordinates.

What happens though is that the DB gets told to store [dir[X,Y,Z]], and it will still hold all the items in local memory until the server restarts (cause why place it locally, save it to DB, forget about it locally and then reload it from DB to get it right?). 

Problem comes when the server restarts and reads all the coordinates.  In most servers, you can only store a number with so much details ... so if you have a position that is having a coordinate as "0.000954234", the DB might have saved it as 0.0009e-543 (example only, not accurate). 

So when the DB sends this to the hive, the hive will try to make sense of the "e" and get it for the most part right. But that last bit of "guessing" is where the shifting occurs - the DB got told a very specific number, but could not handle it. It works, but not as accurate. 

It has to do with how the editor saves the coordinates. In my experience, when people place something down, the database gets told that the object is down and at what precise coordinates.

What happens though is that the DB gets told to store [dir[X,Y,Z]], and it will still hold all the items in local memory until the server restarts (cause why place it locally, save it to DB, forget about it locally and then reload it from DB to get it right?). 

Problem comes when the server restarts and reads all the coordinates.  In most servers, you can only store a number with so much details ... so if you have a position that is having a coordinate as "0.000954234", the DB might have saved it as 0.0009e-543 (example only, not accurate). 

So when the DB sends this to the hive, the hive will try to make sense of the "e" and get it for the most part right. But that last bit of "guessing" is where the shifting occurs - the DB got told a very specific number, but could not handle it. It works, but not as accurate. 

If my problem was partial shifting I would agree with the above (not saying it isn't correct) but it's not. The example I gave was that a wall was snapped upon another wall perfectly. On server restart the above wall was dropped inside the bottom wall.

I have base building 1.3 installed from this thread (the only addon I can think of that would impact anything)

-- http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-base-building-1-3-more-like-2-0-works-with-epoch-any-build.18752/

EDIT: I also have build snapping for the epoch building system but I can't remember what thread I got that from -_-